Request for consultation
USING QUICKBOOKS ACCOUNTANT 2014 FOR ACCOUNTING teaches fundamental accounting concepts and principles while developing students' proficiency with the market-leading accounting software, QuickBooks Accountant 2014 by Intuit. This well-organized and concise textbook teaches the technology and application of accounting skills by illustrating how accounting information is created and used. This textbook is automatically packaged with the software CD, providing 140-day trial access to the full version of QUICKBOOKS ACCOUNTANT 2014 from Intuit.
- This edition comes with 140 day access to the full version of QuickBooks Accountant 2014.
- Throughout the text, an emphasis on service and merchandising businesses is highlighted with margin icons that clearly guide students and instructors to service or merchandising applications within the text's comprehensive coverage.
- Introduce payroll accounting in optional appendix: This edition's optional Payroll Accounting appendix teaches one of the most significant facets of organizations. An additional appendix covers traditional accounting with debits and credits for instructors who wish to integrate this material.
- This book has been updated to reflect the newest software functionality in Quickbooks Accountant 2014.
- GRADING RUBRICS: These help instructors grade cases in the end-of-chapter material and link each case requirement and event to a specific student-learning outcome. These rubrics will be available on the instructor companion website.
- Video Demonstrations, created by author Glenn Owen and posted at the companion website, walk students through the software in an easy-to-follow manner.
- Chapters 6 – 11 have an exercise about Boston Catering. Each part of the case is independent of the others, allowing instructors the flexibility to assign a whole case or focus on separate concepts.
- An engaging narrative style throughout the text clearly conveys the importance of accounting topics and software in today's business world. Students see how and why systems operate with multiple applications.
- "Trouble?" features throughout each chapter help students anticipate common mistakes and avoid these stumbling points.
- A step-by-step building block approach breaks instruction into manageable segments as the book walks students through what they need to do next to master the accounting and QuickBooks skills.
1. An Interactive Tour of QuickBooks Accountant.
2. Preparing a Balance Sheet Using QuickBooks Accountant.
3. Preparing an Income Statement Using QuickBooks Accountant.
4. Preparing a Statement of Cash Flows Using QuickBooks Accountant.
5. Creating Supporting Reports to Help Make Business Decisions.
Part II: CREATING A QUICKBOOKS ACCOUNTANT FILE TO RECORD AND ANALYZE BUSINESS EVENTS.
6. Setting Up Your Business's Accounting System.
7. Cash-Oriented Business Activities.
8. Additional Business Activities.
9. Adjusting Entries.
11. Reporting Business Activities.
12. Managing Fixed Assets.
Appendix 1: Payroll Taxes.
Appendix 2: Traditional Accounting: Debits and Credits.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Strengthen your students' understanding QuickBooks® Accountant 2015 with the numerous instructor and student resources available on this edition's companion website. Easily download password-protected instructor resources, including Video Demonstrations from the text author.