Request for consultation
UNIFORM BILLING: A GUIDE TO CLAIMS PROCESSING, 2e is the essential resource for learning in-patient and out-patient processing techniques. Whether used in an acute, subacute, long term care, specialty, or clinic facility, this learning tool shows readers how to use UB-04 in any scenario. Its exercise-based format emphasizes practical application to help readers efficiently absorb the material. Plus, the included access code for the SimClaim software allows students to practice completing claim forms electronically.
- All codes have been updated to the latest version of 2012 for ICD-9-CM and 2011 for HCPCS.
- New case studies provide an opportunity for the learner to apply their knowledgeSimClaim CMS-1500 practice software has targeted block help with video, and the option to print completed forms to PDF for easy emailing.
- Key processing edits point out potential errors before completing a claim.
- Multiple template examples included for quick reference.
- Unique content solely focuses on medical billing information.
1. Services Rendered in the Hospital Setting.
2. The Internal Network of a Hospital.
Section II: Working with Form Locators.
3. Introduction to the UB-04: Form Locators 1-31.
4. UB-04: Form Locators 31-41.
5. UB-04: Form Locators 42-49.
6. UB-04: Form Locators 49-80.
7. Exploring Covered Services and Rates.
8. Coding and Reimbursement Systems.
9. Fraud, Abuse, HIPAA, and Patient's Rights.
The instructor's Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.
Premium Web Site Instant Access Code