Request for consultation
Choose the most trusted source available to help your students master current CPT®-4 diagnostic and procedural coding as well as other strict guidelines established by federal agencies, Medicare, and the American Medical Association. Bowie’s UNDERSTANDING PROCEDURAL CODING: A WORKTEXT, 5E uses carefully illustrated procedures, new case studies, practical coding assignments, and engaging examples to help students perfect procedural coding for all medical specialties and successfully prepare for certification exams. Students record answers in the book, creating a personalized, ongoing resource that they will use well into their careers. Used on its own or as the ideal companion for CPT® and HCPCS Level II manuals, this book presents extensive hands-on practice and a dynamic support package with new online study tools to ensure comprehension as well as Optum’s® popular EncoderPro™. Equip your students for procedural coding success with UNDERSTANDING PROCEDURAL CODING: A WORKTEXT, 5E.
- EXPANDED PRACTICE OPPORTUNITIES ENSURE COMPRHENSION: Additional case studies in each chapter, as well as added test-bank questions in a variety of formats, help your students apply coding skills and concepts to practical situations.
- ADDITIONAL EXERCISES PREPARE STUDENTS FOR CERTIFICATION EXAMS AND PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS: New class-tested exercises in every chapter are refined to develop student competency for a variety of medical careers. These critical exercises also prepare students for success on today’s most current certification examinations.
- THOROUGH UPDATES REFLECT THE VERY LATESTCODES: Today’s most current content throughout this edition highlights the latest CPT®-4 and HCPCS codes to prepare your students to step directly into today’s modern working environment with confidence and the knowledge they need for success.
- NEW POWERPOINT® SLIDES HELP ENSURE STUDENT COMPREHENSION: Now you can reinforce your students’ understanding of the latest CPT® codes with new PowerPoint® slides that keep learners engaged while clarifying concepts and offering additional practice through meaningful exercises and new case studies.
- FLEXIBLE CONTENT ACCOMMODATES YOUR TEACHING NEEDS: Whether used alone or as the ideal companion to UNDERSTANDING ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS: A WORKTEXT, 3E, this practical book provides the solid information on procedural coding to equip students for success. This edition also complements any CPT® or HCPCS Level II manual.
- THOROUGH PRESENTATION AND BROAD APPLICATIONS PREPARE STUDENTS FOR VARIETY OF MEDICAL CAREERS: This edition offers comprehensive information on the CPT procedural coding system that is ideal for courses and careers in a variety of professional disciplines, including health information management, health information technology, medical office assistant, coding and reimbursement specialist, and health insurance specialist.
- UNMATCHED ACCURACY MAKES THIS BOOK A TRUSTED, TIMELY RESOURCE: Painstakingly updated CPT-4 codes and details to meet 2016 industry standards combine to make this book a reliable resource for both novices and professionals.
- PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES ENSURE STUDENTS THOROUGHLY GRASP CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS: Each chapter includes a variety of successful learning features to enhance readings and stimulate student interest. Chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms lists, examples, boxes, notes, tables, Internet links, summaries, reviews and figures work seamlessly to guarantee students are focused and engaged throughout your course.
About the Author.
1. Introduction to Current Procedural Terminology.
3. Evaluation and Management.
5. Surgery and the Integumentary System.
6. Musculoskeletal System.
7. Respiratory System.
8. Cardiovascular System.
9. Hemic and Lymphatic Systems.
10. Mediastinum and Diaphragm.
11. Digestive System.
12. Urinary System.
13. Male Genital Systems.
14. Female Genital System.
15. Maternity Care and Delivery.
16. Endocrine System.
17. Nervous System.
18. Eye and Ocular Adnexa.
19. Auditory System and Operating Microscope.
21. Pathology And Laboratory.
23. HCPCS Codes.
Appendix I: Billing Forms (CMS-1500 and Ub-04).
Appendix II: Surgical Positions.
Appendix III: Abdominopelvic Divisions.
Appendix IV: 1997 Documentation Guidelines for Evaluation and Management Services.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.