Request for consultation
Understanding Computers in a Changing Society gives your students a classic introduction to computer concepts with a modern twist! Known for its emphasis on basic computer concepts and societal issues, this text makes concepts relevant to today's career-focused students.
- New! CourseMate all-in-one digital solution includes an interactive media-rich e-book, engaging activities for reinforcement and the Engagement Tracker feature for no hassle automatic grading.
- New interviews with industry experts provide students with current and accurate insight on new technologies.
- Emphasis on societal issues such as ethics, intellectual property rights, security, and privacy keeps students informed on topics that are extremely relevant to their lives today.
- Updated to cover current and emerging technologies and how they affect students' lives today!
- HAZARD boxes offer practical tips that students can use immediately to protect themselves from hardware, security, or privacy problems.
- MODULAR ORGANIZATION emphasizes the relationship among topics and chapters.
- "ASK THE EXPERT" BOXES offer career advice from industry leaders.
- "EXPERT INSIGHT" ARTICLES relate that chapter's topic to IT careers.
2. A Closer Look at Hardware and Software.
3. The Internet and the World Wide Web.
4. Network and Internet Security.
5. Computer Security and Privacy.
6. Intellectual Property Rights and Ethics.
7. Health, Access, and the Environment.
8. Emerging Technologies.
References and Resources Guide.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
CourseMate Instant Access
Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with study and practice materials? Cengage Learning's New Perspectives CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. New Perspectives CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need! New Perspectives CourseMate includes: An interactive eBook and Interactive teaching and learning tools including: Quizzes, Flashcards, Videos, Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course and more. Please note: the Student Edition Labs within CourseMate are not Mac compatible.
CourseMate Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. New Perspectives CourseMate includes: An interactive eBook with highlighting, note taking and an interactive glossary and Interactive learning tools, including: Quizzes, Flashcards, Videos, and more! Please note: the Student Edition Labs within CourseMate are not Mac compatible.