Request for consultation
Torts and Personal Injury, fourth edition, is a comprehensive overview of torts, including defenses, from general tort law to negligence and special tort actions in 13 chapters. This completely updated edition is student friendly with easy-to-use pedagogy like a running glossary of key legal terms, entertaining hypothetical scenarios, outlines, chapter summaries, and review questions. The feature “The Biggest Mistakes Paralegals Make and How to Avoid Them” makes this best seller also a page-turner. Over 75 cases from patient dumping to spam email fraud to obesity caused by trans fat applies the law with real-world examples to aid in retention of material.
- 33 new cases add hot-button topics such as patient dumping, spoliation of evidence, donor egg implantation by same sex couples, obesity caused by trans fats, and more.
- Ethical dilemmas are examined in real life features that are integrated throughout each chapter rather than consolidated into a separate isolated chapter on ethics.
- The Online Companion keeps the book current with Tort Trends that are changing the law.
- An accompanying CD-ROM includes a chapter on Ethics, supplementary cases, and additional forms.
- The Online Companion reports on Tort Trends around the United States and add new events to the course.
- Chapter Opener Feature: “The Biggest Mistakes Paralegals Make and How to Avoid Them” illustrates a dilemma, an ethical lapse, or another unfortunate experience that actually happened, letting the reader learn from the mistakes of others.
- Over 75 cases feature “ripped from the headlines” issues like the malicious prosecution of Duke’s lacrosse players, clergy sexual abuse, and toxic mass torts.
- Hypothetical scenarios show how abstract tort law pertains to real life accidents and injuries.
- Student friendly pedagogy like chapter outlines, summaries, review questions, additional problems and a running glossary that defines key legal terms makes mastering torts easy, fast, and fun
- State comparison charts appear for greater perspective of conflicting jurisdictions
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
All of the Instructor Resources available on CD are also available now on line at http://www.cengagebrain.com. The Instructor Resources include PowerPoint® presentations for each text chapter, a computerized test bank, and Instructor's Manual.