Request for consultation
Engaging and easy-to-read, TORT LAW, Sixth Edition teaches students the academic and practical principles of tort law needed for a successful career as a paralegal. Using cases, hypothetical situations, and internet references, students build skills, apply concepts, and stay up-to-date on exciting developments in tort law. "Practice Pointers" and "Practical Ponderables" introduce students to such skills as drafting pleadings, preparing medical authorization requests, documenting damages, drafting jury instructions,and assembling trial exhibits.
- Updated cases demonstrate how tort concepts and principles are applied in the real world today.
- Updated Internet references ensure that students are equipped with the most up-to-date tools and information.
- The text has been revised and modernized to discuss the latest developments in tort law.
- "Putting It into Practice," exercises, review questions, and practice exams require students to apply key concepts and test their understanding of key principles.
- "Tort Teasers" challenge students to discuss the variables of a case and consider a variety of potential resolutions.
- "Practice Pointers" and "Practical Ponderables" introduce students to practical skills, such as drafting pleadings, documenting damages, drafting jury instructions, and assembling trial exhibits.
- "Local Links," "Internet Inquires," and "Net News" connect students with rules and practices unique to their jurisdiction and acquaint them with useful online legal resources and information about Tort Law.
- An extensive practice exam in every chapter helps students gauge their understanding of the material. Answers to all practice exams (over 1,000 practice exam questions) are provided in Appendix A.
2. Overview of a Tort Case.
3. Intentional Torts.
4. Negligence: Duty.
5. Negligence: Breach of Duty.
6. Negligence: Causation.
7. Negligence: Damages.
8. Negligence: Defenses.
10. Misrepresentation, Nuisance, and Other Torts.
11. Strict Liability.
12. Product Liability.
13. Defamation and Related Torts.
14. Vicarious Liability.
15. Joint Liability.
16. Tort Reform.
17. Automobile Insurance.
18. Bad Faith.
19. Workers' Compensation.
Appendix A: Suggested Responses to "Putting It into Practice" Exercises and Answers to Practice Exams.
Appendix B: Interviewing.
Appendix C: Overview of Insurance.
"The supplements from Cengage for this text were impressive. This was one of the reasons this text was adopted. Other publishers and authors didn't provide supplements surprisingly enough but Cengage comes through in a big way when it comes to supplements for this text! The case studies are spot on for learning a subject such as Torts and these case studies hit home with the practical skills essential to becoming a successful and valuable paralegal. The variation of the cases was also pleasing from an instructor's point of view."
"The writing style is excellent and the level is appropriate; better than the competing texts. The concepts are explained clearly and with sufficient depth."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
The Instructor Companion Website includes an Instructor's Manual, Computerized Test Bank in Cognero, and customizable PowerPoint® presentations.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access