Request for consultation
Interested in learning more about occupational therapy? This highly approachable, general information book defines and describes the scope and universe of occupational therapy practice in a readable, enjoyable way. It addresses the history and evolution of the occupational therapy profession, as well as the changing roles of the occupational therapist (OT) and occupational therapist assistant (OTA) in the health care environment. In addition, the book presents the general educational and licensure requirements for the OT and the OTA. The professional code of ethics and scope of practice are also addressed, as well as the various occupational therapy practice settings.
- Practically divided to first examine what the profession of occupational therapy consists of, followed by an examination of more specific information about educational requirements, professional expectations, and day to day activities
- Full of illustrative examples and anecdotes, this resource is an excellent choice for individuals with little or no prior knowledge of the profession and as a refresher for allied health professionals
- Each chapter begins with chapter goals outlining the purpose of the content and ends with a summary of the key concepts to take away from the chapter
- A special "Day in the Life" section follows several occupational therapists through a typical day on the job to show the profession in action
- Contains a FAQ section with frequently asked questions and answers, providing a wealth of information at your fingertips
About the Author
Part I: What it Is
Introduction: What the Heck is Occupational Therapy, Anyway?
Ch 1: Defining Occupational Therapy
Ch 2: A history of the profession
Section II: How It Works
Ch 3: What does an Occupational Therapist Do?
Ch 4: Occupational Therapy Education
Ch 5: Where Do Occupational Therapists Work?
Ch 6: How does occupational therapy fit into the health care team?
Ch 7: A Day in the Life of an Occupational Therapist
Appendix A: FAQ
Appendix B: Occupational Therapy Contacts
Appendix C: Recommended Further Readings
Appendix D: Sample Activity Analysis
Instructors Resource CD-ROM
The Online Companion (OLC) provides additional course content, study aids, and sample test questions to help students succeed in the course. Many Online Companions also contain critical-thinking questions, activities, and web links. Our entire library of Online Companions can be easily accessed through http://www.delmarlearning.com/companions.