Request for consultation
Questia is the online library that provides 24/7 access to the Webâ€™s premier collection of full-text books and academic journal and periodical articles in the humanities and social sciences. And, it is more than a vast collection of online sources. Questia can help your students in the entire research process, from topic selection and research to organization of their notes and proper citations. Questia will help your students write better papers, providing a wider array of scholarly sources, and enabling them to organize what theyâ€™ve learned into a better-thought-out paper.
- TRUSTED DIGITAL CONTENT Access a comprehensive online library of 77,000 full-text books and 4 million academic journal and periodical articles, many from top peer-reviewed sources and not easily available anywhere else on the Web, and searchable by word, phrase, title, author, or subject.
- 24/7 anywhere, anytime access provides students with convenience and mobility. They can research when and where they want, day or night, according to their schedule.
- All content is previously published from reputable commercial and academic publishers, providing students with digital content they can trust from authoritative sources.
- The library features complete books available cover-to-cover, not just excerpts or abstracts.
- Students will save time and get useful, relevant search results that are identified down to the specific pages.
- TIME SAVING TOOLS Digital productivity tools include highlighter, note-maker, bookmarker, and footnote and bibliography generator in 7 styles.
- Students can create project folders and a personalized workspace to organize their research and reading materials.
- Librarian-assisted searches on a wide range of research topics (6,000 + topics and growing) provide students with the best books and articles on each topic.
- Hyper-linking of footnotes and bibliographies across titles allows for instant access to other related titles.
- ANYTIME, ANYWHERE ACCESS The QUESTIA service is always open. No book is ever checked out regardless of how many other users are using it simultaneously. Unlimited use of the books and articles in the collection is provided.
Art and Architecture.
Economics and Business.
Music and Performing Arts.
Politics and Government.
Science and Technology.
"QUESTIA includes everything one needs to teach research to the English 102 classes."
"QUESTIA is potentially revolutionary."
"QUESTIA offers students an almost "one-stop shop" for conducting high-quality academic research. Not only does it provide access to a wealth of credible sources, it provides tools to help students store, interact with, and cite these sources."
"It's an excellent research tool and treats students as scholars."
"QUESTIA is a comprehensive and accessible research tool that offers a wide range of powerful features to assist students with the research process."
"...A one-stop shop for students to research classic topics, make notes, and organize information and properly cite their work."
"QUESTIA is a tremendous time and energy-saver; a way to engage students while offering more options for research while instructors are able to teach and monitor the process. This is a great "no excuses" program/resource."
"QUESTIA is a robust research and documentation tool that attends to every step in the research writing process."
"QUESTIA is the most comprehensive tool ever developed to assist students in learning how to do academic research, implement the concepts, and finally produce a research project that is correctly formatted and documented using appropriate academic resources. This tool is constructed to send students to appropriate data and research and away from the random Google/Wikipedia search that is the bane of student research projects today."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.