Request for consultation
THE OFFICIAL GAMESALAD GUIDE TO GAME DEVELOPMENT teaches readers how to make their own games with the simple, powerful, drag-and-drop GameSalad Creator software. Using techniques based on key game development concepts, current trends, and established best practices, readers will be able to use GameSalad Creator from concept to prototype--and beyond. The text's wide-ranging coverage encompasses desktop, mobile, online, social, and serious games--as well as key platforms such as iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and HTML 5. This reader-friendly, highly visual guide is equally suited for formal game development courses and self-paced learning--with a balance of depth and detail that is ideal for both professionals and those working on their first game. Basic tutorials and terminology are available in the book's Appendix. GameSalad has also provided manuals, templates, and a Cookbook containing video tutorials at http://gamesalad.com/manuals and http://cookbook.gamesalad.com.
- Covers key concepts and practices essential for effective game development across platforms and genres.
- Highly versatile, modular structure allows readers to consult each chapter as a complete resource for a key topic.
- Contains chapter review questions, exercises and sidebars highlighting important software features or industry issues designed to enhance learning.
- Showcases real-world advice and applications--including tips from GameSalad Creator developers, industry professional profiles, and case studies of real game development projects throughout the text.
- Abundant screenshots, diagrams, illustrations, and photos in every chapter bring the material to life and connect it clearly to hands-on software applications.
2. Interface Design.
4. Windows® Game Development.
5. Mac® Game Development.
6. Mobile Game Development (iOS/Android™).
7. Online Game Development (HTML 5).
8. Social Game Development.
9. Serious Game Development.