Request for consultation
THE LAW OF CONTRACTS AND THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE, second edition provides your students with a practical, understandable and realistic approach to the law of contracts. This book covers all of the important features of common law contracts as well as Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). Real cases are used to show your students the practical application of the concepts in each chapter and the fact pattern is used throughout the chapter to demonstrate how contracts and their concepts affect our daily lives, often with unusual results. Chapter summaries, review questions, exercises, running glossary, and more help your students to fully grasp this complex area of the law.
- New fact patterns, "Just Suppose", drawn from real cases, show your students the practical application of concepts in the chapter.
- "TechCheck" and "Cybercises" address technology issues in contracts, such as using electronic signatures, clouding, and outsourcing.
- "Line of Reasoning" feature summarizes relevant cases within each chapter and poses thought-provoking and intriguing questions.
- Expanded exercise section provides additional opportunities for your students to test their understanding of the concepts in the chapter, engaging them by showing how concepts have both practical and current application.
- More graphics reinforce the content and add more interest to the subject.
- Comprehensive, accessible coverage of common law contracts and Uniform Commercial Code, Article 2.
- Two chapters on drafting contracts.
- Chapter summaries, review questions, exercises, running glossary, and more help students fully grasp this complex area of the law.
- "Practical Applications" demonstrate the reality of working with contracts and includes comprehensive coverage of cases and examples.
1. The Nuts and Bolts of Contracts.
2. Contract Basics: An Overview.
PART II: FORMING THE CONTRACTS: THE NECESSARY ELEMENTS.
3. Formation of a Contraction: Offer and Acceptance.
4. Consideration: The Value for the Promise.
5. Mutual Assent of the Parties.
6. Capacity: The Ability to Contract.
7. Legality in Contracts.
8. Proper Form of the Contract: Exploring the Statute of Frauds.
PART III: CONTRACT PERFORMANCE AND REMEDIES.
9. Performance and Discharge.
10. Remedies in Contract Law.
11. Third Party Contracts.
PART IV: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE: ARTICLE 2.
12. Sales: Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
13. Performance under Article 2: Seller and Buyer Duties.
14. Title, Risk of Loss, and Warranties.
15. Seller and Buyer Remedies.
16. Contracts and the Internet: Something Borrowed, Something New.
PART V: DRAFTING CONTRACTS.
17. Drafting a Contract: The Essentials.
18. Drafting a Contract: Specific Provisions.
19. Analyzing a Contracts Problem: Putting Theory into Practice.
"I have reviewed many other contracts textbooks but have always come back to this one as it is the most complete and understandable presentations on the topic."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions create multiple test versions in an instant deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.