Request for consultation
Give your students a tried-and-true tool to prepare for and pass professional electrical licensing exams. Now in its 7th edition JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN'S REVIEW: BASED ON THE NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE® 2011 uses the same easy-to-understand approach and realistic exam questions that spelled success for previous editions but is updated to reflect the very latest edition of the National Electrical Code®. Each chapter of this thorough yet concise study guide focuses on a specific topic covered on the journeyman licensing exams including general writing methods over-current protection grounding special equipment and occupancies and more. Practice questions that mimic those seen on actual exams guide your students quickly and efficiently to mastery of the most critical skills. With each question a detailed explanation is provided alongside its answer citing specific code references when applicable and offering students hands-on practice using the electrical industry's most authoritative reference. This book has a versatility that lends itself to learning in instructor-student and apprenticeship settings as well as self-study. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- Content and practice questions are updated to reflect the 2011 National Electrical Code®
- More detailed explanations for the answers provided will give students a better grasp on the correct answer and why it is the correct answer.
- Questions about NEC® related topics require students to cite specific code references providing practice in using the NEC® 2011 plus familiarity with the new code requirements.
- An introduction to examinations national testing organizations and approved testing laboratories is included to acquaint readers with all aspects of journeyman electrician licensure.
- Chapter-end questions are styled like the ones on licensing exams allowing students to identify topics they've mastered and pinpoint those that require further study.
- Practice tests mimic actual licensing exams; familiarizing students with standard exam formats helping them assess their readiness and building their confidence.
- Must-know electrical math and calculator usage is reviewed.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource Key
Instructor Resource Contains: - Updated Instructor's Manual for each chapter, including answers to review questions in text. - Updated Testbanks providing test for each chapter. Test can be edited, customized, scrambled, and delivered on paper or online. - The disk includes ExamView software.