Request for consultation
The Guidebook for Linemen and Cablemen, 2nd Edition is the much-needed solution to a gap experienced by instructors when preparing students for work on electrical utility circuits. Packaged as a convenient, single-volume reference guide on the operation of electrical utility systems, this book will give your students what other resources won't: practical coverage of the equipment and situations that powerline workers are exposed to on a daily basis, with a focus on ensuring concepts are meaningful and applicable. This book also pays special attention to the order in which topics are addressed; simple concepts are explained first, and the book then builds upon these fundamentals to explain more complex theories, thereby setting a strong foundation for clearly understanding key rules and regulations. This text been updated to include the most current industry information available, including applications of recent technology. This book also contains in-depth exploration of the mechanical aspects of the job, such as working with rigging, trucks, stringing wire, and tree felling. The need for safety and training is highlighted throughout the book, giving your students a powerful guide to learning the skills to construct, operate, and maintain the lines and cables in an electrical utility system. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- New, dynamic, full-color text design.
- New glossary.
- Glossary terms are bold when they appear in text so that readers can identify "need-to-know" terms.
- Completely overhauled art program: illustrations are dimensional and colorized, photographs have been updated.
- Many new images and illustrations added to reflect changes in the industry.
- Terminology has been updated to accurately reflect market and changes in the industry.
- Appendix added to provide an easy reference for essential charts, tables, and formulas.
- Text has been thoroughly reviewed and revised by author and team of reviewers, and includes over 200 pages of brand new content
- New text boxes, examples, and end-of-chapter review questions.
- Ensures the most credible, reliable, and relevant information available with an author that has many years of experience as a lineman, writing in a language that will appeal to students training to be linemen and related professionals.
- Highlights key concepts with ample illustrations that provide clear examples of technical procedures for better understanding and retention.
- Emphasizes safety and efficiency by taking a risk management approach that focuses on minimizing the risk of field injuries and meeting important safety regulations.
- Doubles as a valuable field guide with easy-to-reference tables and charts throughout the text and in the Appendix.
2. Electrical units.
3. Electrical power system overview.
5. Alernating currents.
6. Three-phase circuits.
7. Awareness in an electrical environment.
8. Constructing overhead powerlines.
9. Constructing underground powerlines.
10. Working with conductors and cables.
11. Operating switch gear.
12. Circuit protection.
13. Installing grounds.
15. Supplying quality power.
16. Working with aerial devices.
17. Rigging in powerline work.
18. Working it hot.
19. Outdoor lighting.
20. Revenue metering.
21. Tree work.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource Key
Instructor Resource Contains: - Updated Instructor's Manual for each chapter, including answers to review questions in text. - Updated Testbanks providing test for each chapter. Test can be edited, customized, scrambled, and delivered on paper or online. - The disk includes ExamView software.