Request for consultation
THE GRIEF ASSESSMENT AND INTERVENTION WORKBOOK: A STRENGTHS PERSPECTIVE is an exceptional new workbook that provides focused, practical guidance to help students function effectively in their roles as helpers when dealing with the dying or death of clients or clients' loved ones. Designed for use in social work and counseling courses on grief and loss, grief counseling, and bereavement therapy courses, the text can also serve as a valuable supplemental resource for practice or field courses across multiple disciplines. Using a strengths-perspective approach, the authors explore various theories of grief and delineate several intervention approaches, including developmental and cultural factors that impact the severity of grief reactions. The text also provides several grief assessment instruments used by practitioners, in-depth case scenarios to illustrate key concepts, and hands-on exercises for applying grief assessment and intervention techniques.
- The text balances ample information on theories of grief and loss with practical tools and techniques to help students prepare for careers in social work, counseling, and other helping professions.
- Designed specifically for courses on grief and loss, grief counseling, and bereavement therapy, the text is flexible enough to serve as a valuable supplement for practice or field courses in psychology, sociology, and other disciplines.
- The text includes a variety of detailed intervention approaches and grief assessment instruments used by practitioners, giving students the opportunity to become familiar with concepts and techniques they are likely to encounter as working professionals.
- In-depth case scenarios illustrate key concepts and provide useful and relevant concrete examples, while hands-on exercises allow students to practice applying grief assessment and intervention techniques.
2. Grief Interviewing and Assessment.
3. Expected Grief Experience in Adults.
4. Complex Grief in Adults.
5. Grief Reactions in Children and Adolescents.
6. Grief Reactions in the Older Adult Population.
7. Grief Reactions and Special Considerations.
8. Practice Implications for the Professional.
Recommended Reading List for Students.