Request for consultation
THE GRAPHIC DESIGNER’S DIGITAL TOOLKIT, 7th Edition not only introduces students to the essential features of industry-standard software applications, but also gives them an understanding of how to integrate these programs into a seamless whole. Using a highly visual and project-based approach, this fully revised new edition examines Macintosh OS X Maverick®, Windows 7® and Windows 8® operating systems, as well the most up to date Creative Cloud features of the “Big 3” digital design programs used in the graphics industry today: Adobe Illustrator®, Adobe Photoshop®, and Adobe InDesign® . After thoroughly examining the features of each application from the designer’s perspective, the author then reveals in practical detail the traditional skills and technology necessary for effective design for print and Web media. Using online project files, students are encouraged to practice what they have learned by tackling design projects throughout the text from concept to completion. Effectively merging theory with practice, THE GRAPHIC DESIGNER'S DIGITAL TOOLKIT, 7th Edition stresses the critical importance of integration in design while meeting design parameters and client expectations. Contact your Learning Consultant to learn more about how CourseMate can enhance the way you teach and your students learn.
- Meet your students where they work—in the cloud. Publishing in Fall 2014, The Graphic Designer’s Digital Toolkit, 7e has been fully revised to meet Adobe’s most recent Creative Cloud updates.
- Coverage of the newest Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign functions and tools bring relevancy to your course while helping students maximize their potential with the software and familiarize themselves with Creative Cloud.
- Newly released Creative Cloud features have been thoroughly integrated into the book, as well as the accompanying CourseMate website, which reinforces new skills and concepts learned in the book.
- Expansive Coverage: Chapters and tutorials address all Adobe Creative Cloud features in Photoshop®, Illustrator®, and InDesign®, as well as new features with Mac OSX Maverick® Windows 7® and Windows 8®.
- Colorful Artwork: Detailed photos, screenshots, and illustrations throughout the text and tutorials demonstrate the current applications.
- Helpful Tips: Incorporated in the projects and tutorials, Design Tips and special Toolkit Tips help students understand the importance of integrating traditional concepts and techniques with today's software advances.
- Ample Practice: The book’s more than 40 projects include “Using Selections to Replace Color on a Sports Car” in Photoshop, which showcases selection technologies and accurate toning for truly realistic effects. “Creating Playing Cards” demonstrates Illustrator's Shape Builder tool for customized shapes.
- Online supporting Data Files supply all files needed for projects and tutorials, while the accompanying Website at www.digitoolkit.com delivers a variety of extra student learning resources.
UNIT I: GETTING READY FOR PRODUCTION.
1. Welcome to the Land of OS.
2. Designing for the Client.
UNIT II: DIGITAL IMAGE EDITING: ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CC.
3. Adjusting Images in Photoshop.
4. Working with Selections and Channels.
5. Using Layers.
6. Restoring and Coloring a Black and White Photograph.
UNIT III: DIGITAL ILLUSTRATION: ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CC.
7. Creating Shapes with Illustrator.
8. Working with Brushes, Symbols, and Layers.
9. Precision with the Pen Tool.
10. integrating Photoshop and Illustrator Files for Web Use.
UNIT IV: DIGITAL PUBLISHING: INDESIGN CC.
11. InDesign Fundamentals.
12. Working with Multipage Documents.
Appendix A: Completed Projects and Tutorials.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
The Instructor Resources include PowerPoint® presentations for each textbook chapter, a Cognero test bank, an Instructor's Manual, a sample syllabus, and Solution Files for the exercises in the text.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's Computing CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook—including a state-of-the-art MindTap Reader eBook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website.
CourseMate Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes—online with CourseMate.