Request for consultation
The Complete Laboratory Manual for Electricity, 3rd Edition is a valuable tool designed to fit into any basic electrical program that incorporates lab experience. This updated edition will enhance your lab practices and the understanding of electrical concepts. From basic electricity through AC theory, transformers, and motor controls, all aspects of a typical electrical curriculum are explored in a single volume. Each lab features an explanation of the circuit to be connected, with examples of the calculations necessary to complete the exercise and step-by-step procedures for conducting the experiment. Hands-on experiments that acquaint readers with the theory and application of electrical concepts offer valuable experience in constructing a multitude of circuits such as series, parallel, combination, RL series and parallel, RC series and parallel, and RLC series and parallel circuits.
- offers the ability to construct simple, relatively inexpensive labs
- expanded information on single-pole, three-way, and four-way switch connections prepares readers for the basic types of switches that electricians must install in a residential, commercial, or industrial application
- the hands-on methodology and “learn by doing” approach sufficiently primes readers for situations they are likely to encounter in the real world
- a logical progression of topics makes this lab manual suitable for use as a stand-alone or as a supplement to any electrical theory book
- designed for the laboratory that has access to 120 volts AC and 208 volts three phase
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access