Request for consultation
Updated to the 2011 National Electrical Code®, ELECTRICITY 3: POWER GENERATION AND DELIVERY, 10E explores various types of generators and the delivery of single phase and three-phase power to the customer site. Its thorough coverage of power generation and delivery includes stopics such as DC generators, polyphase circuits, three-phase wye and delta connections, electrical characteristics of three-phase alternators, alternative power sources, transformers, and more. An excellent resource for both students and practicing electrical workers, ELECTRICITY 3 emphasizes electrical system operation, givingreaders a solid understanding of electrical procedures and how to apply them while troubleshooting.
- Providing the most current coverage available, the new Tenth Edition is completely up to date with 2011 National Electrical Code® references.
- Renewable energy systems coverage has been expanded to reflect the latest developments from the field. Coverage includes smart grid technologies, fuel cells, wind, solar, nuclear, and more.
- Updated information on DC motor control.
- New information on separately derived systems.
- New photos and revised drawings representing actual applications give learners vivid visuals to help improve understanding.
- Expanded coverage highlights the necessity of grounding for use and safety. New images improve the clarity of the book's explanation of grounding.
- New information on power monitoring.
- New coverage of voltage systems includes definitions, types of systems, and cable types.
- Detailed, practical artwork and real photographs provide schematic views thathelp students visualize key concepts.
- Current technologies are examined in conjunction with older technologies still in use, providing the necessary information to transition to newer systems.
- "Achievement Reviews" enable users to check their comprehension--and maximize their success--as they progress through the book.
- Short, easy-to-read chapters equip students with a quick reference for specific topics.
1. Operating Principles of DC Generators.
2. The Separately Excited DC Generator.
3. The Self Excited Shunt Generator.
4. Compound Wound DC Generator.
5. Summary of Units 1-4.
6. Single Phase AC Generation Principles.
7. Introduction to Polyphase Circuits.
8. The Three Phase Wye Connection.
9. The Three Phase Delta Connection.
10. Summary of Units 6-9.
11. Three Phase Alternators.
12. Engine Driven Generating Systems.
13. Control and Paralleling of Three Phase Alternators.
14. Alternate Power Sources.
15. Summary of Units 11-14.
16. Transformer Basics.
17. Single Phase Transformers.
18. The Single Phase, Three Wire Systems.
19. Single Phase Transformers Connected in Delta and Open Delta.
20. Single Phase Transformers Connected in Wye Systems.
21. Three Phase Transformers.
22. Separately Derived Systems With Transformers.
23. Summary of Power Transformers Units 16-22.
22. Instrument Transformers.
25. Power Relay and Monitoring.
26. Transformer Installations and National Electrical Code®.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access