Request for consultation
Designed to help students learn fundamental electrical concepts and explore their practical applications, this trusted text provides a solid foundation in electron theory and movement, direct-current series circuits, parallel circuits, series-parallel circuits, voltage line drops, rotating machinery fundamentals, and more. ELECTRICITY 1: DEVICES, CIRCUITS AND MATERIALS, Tenth Edition, maintains the user-friendly style and proven instructional approach that are so effective, all while incorporating new material and updates based on the 2011 National Electrical Code®. Featuring current industry terminology, photographs of commonly used electrical equipment, and sample problems with solutions, this convenient, affordable text is an ideal choice for your class formastering basic electricity, house wiring, or commercial installations.
- The new, Tenth Edition of this proven text features updated content and references based on the 2011 edition of the National Electrical Code®, allowing students to gain familiarity with current professional standards.
- New and revised practice problems help students apply key concepts and techniques covered in each chapter to assess their learning and identify areas that may need further reinforcement.
- New content incorporated throughout the book reflects suggestions and contributions from educators across the country who have used previous editions in their classrooms.
- This compact, affordable text provides a solid foundation in basic electrical principles and practices, offering a reader-friendly introduction suitable for students of all backgrounds.
- Detailed diagrams complement the author's vivid writing style to make even complex content easier to grasp and provide support for visual learners.
- Extensive coverage of real-world scenarios includes modern applications of power installations, various types of electrical conductors and wire sizes, and current electrical devices and materials.
- The text includes wide-ranging exploration of useful troubleshooting methods to help students develop essential critical-thinking skills.
- Practice problems and sample solutions at the end of each unit help students assess their understanding of essential concepts and identify topics requiring further review.
2. Electron Theory and Ohm's Law.
3. Series Circuits.
4. Parallel Circuits.
5. Series-Parallel Circuits.
6. Electrical Energy and Power.
8. Electrical Conductors and Wire Sizes.
9. Voltage Drop Across Conductors.
10. Summary Review of Units 1-9.
11. Magnets and Magnetic Fields.
13. Generation of Electromotive Force.
14. Direct-Current Motor Principles.
15. Summary Review of Units 11-14.
16. Typical Bell Circuits.
17. Switch Control of Lighting Circuits.
18. Wiring Materials.
19. Remote Control Systems for Lighting Circuits.
20. Summary Review of Units 16-19.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access