Request for consultation
Terminology for Health Professionals, sixth edition focuses on successful learning by applying information in the context in which it is used in a medical environment. Clinical and technical information is presented by combining actual medical reports and real-world examples with basic medical terminology. Practice exercises integrated throughout each chapter reinforce learning by helping learners pinpoint specific areas for review in mastering content. Written by a training specialist and reviewed by numerous physicians, clinicians and office support staff, the material reflects the most current terminology. An Accompanying StudyWARETM CD-ROM offers additional practice through interactive quizzes and fun activities that correlate with each chapter in the book.
- Listening Exercises with actual medical reports help you put into practice terms learned and transition into the workplace.
- The StudyWARE™ Connection feature directs you to additional learning opportunities such as practice quizzes, animations, image labeling and other interactive games included on the accompanying CD-ROM.
- Medical Reports provide in-depth exposure to a variety of dictation styles experienced in the office environment.
- Working Practice Sections link terminology to the medical environment
- Dictionary Exercises provide practice with terminology commonly used in dictation
- Specialty Chapters on pharmacology, oncology, radiology and nuclear medicine, and mental health offer added knowledge and dimension to increase readers’ ability to secure employment
Chapter 02: Introduction to Body Structure
Chapter 03: The Medical History and Physical Examination
Chapter 04: Pharmacology
Chapter 05: The Integumentary System
Chapter 06: The Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 07: Surgery
Chapter 08: The Cardiovascular System
Chapter 09: The Blood and Lymph Systems
Chapter 10: Oncology
Chapter 11: Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Chapter 12: The Respiratory System
Chapter 13: The Digestive System
Chapter 14: Discharge Summaries
Chapter 15: The Urinary System
Chapter 16: The Female Reproductive System
Chapter 17: The Male Reproductive System
Chapter 18: Pathology and Autopsies
Chapter 19: The Endocrine System
Chapter 20: The Nervous System
Chapter 21: Mental Health
Chapter 22: The Eye
Chapter 23: The Ear, Nose and Throat
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.