Request for consultation
Develop the drawing skills you need for a successful career in CAD, drafting, or design with this comprehensive, widely successful book, now in its 6th edition! Technical Drawing and Engineering Communication, 6E offers readers the "total technical drawing experience," with coverage that spans from basic to advanced aspects of engineering and industrial technology. It provides a fundamental exposure to design and visualization for computer modeling, while still presenting thorough coverage of more traditional methods of technical drawing. With revisions that reflect the very latest information on CAD, GIS, the Internet, ISO 9000, and solid modeling, this book is a valuable resource, with applications to various drafting disciplines.
- new, updated photographs ensure readers view the technologies that accurately reflect what they will see on the job.
- in-depth coverage of mechanical, architectural, and civil drafting is featured, with discipline-specific icons that easily denote the drawing and math problems that pertain to a reader’s specific area of study.
- modern design practices and standards are examined, with coverage that is updated to the latest ANSI standards.
- back-of-book CD contains mechanical (CAD) drawing files that are correlated to various exercises and problems in the book.
SECTION 1. BASICS.
Introduction: Graphic Communication and Technical Drawing.
1. CAD and Technical Drawing.
2. Technical Drawing with Instruments.
3. Manual Lettering, Sketching, and Line Techniques.
4. Geometric Construction.
SECTION 2: TECHNICAL DRAWING FUNDAMENTALS.
5. Spatial Visualization and Multiview Drawings.
6. Sectional Views.
7. Auxiliary Views.
8. Descriptive Geometry.
9. Patterns and Developments.
10. Dimensioning and Notation.
11. Solid/3D Modeling: Computational Design and Analysis.
SECTION 3: DESIGN DRAFTING APPLICATIONS.
12. Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
17. Assembly and Detail Drawings for Design.
18. Pictorial Drawings.
SECTION 4: RELATED TECHNOLOGIES, APPLICATIONS AND PROCESSES.
20. Modern manufacturing: Materials, Processes, and Automation.
21. Drafting Applications, Pipe, Structural, Architectural, Civil Engineering, and GIS.
22. The Design Process.
Appendix A: Tables.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course is in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. You can access and download the workbook answer keys.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® works on any operating system or browser. No special installs or downloads are needed. Create tests from school, home, the coffee shop--anywhere with Internet access. What will you find? Simplicity at every step. A desktop-inspired interface features drop-down menus and familiar, intuitive tools that take you through content creation and management with ease. A full-featured test generator lets you create ideal assessments with your choice of 15 question types (including true/false, multiple choice, opinion scale/likert, and essay). Multilanguage support, an equation editor, and unlimited metadata help ensure that your tests are complete and compliant. You get cross-compatible capability and can import and export content into other systems.