Request for consultation
Written by a recognized leader in the field, this learning strategies textbook gives students the strategies they need to become better learners and achievers. Using its signature workshop format, TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR LEARNING: A GUIDE TO COLLEGE SUCCESS actively imparts learning strategies through engaging hands-on activities. By combining experience and solid data with a step-by-step approach, the workshops and strategies included in TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR LEARNING give students their best chance of collegiate success.
- The text provides a step-by-step approach to learning strategies, clear explanations of each strategy, and an emphasis on active learning.
- "Where Are You Now?" activities open each chapter so students can evaluate their current use of learning strategies. These assessments also provide an overview of the strategies that will be discussed.
- Each chapter includes four "Taking Charge of Your Learning" workshops. Some of them are designed for practice and feedback, some to give an opportunity to apply what was learned, and others to allow students to work in groups and gain experience from a learning community.
- "What Would You Do?" workshops provide case studies for class discussion. As students read each workshop essay, they are encouraged to analyze mistakes and develop strategies to resolve those problems.
- The "Taking Charge of Your Life" workshops, located between each of the chapters, are designed to help students make a more successful transition to college. They focus on topics such as clarifying values, working collaboratively, staying healthy, and building relationships.
2. Managing Your Time.
3. Taking Lecture Notes.
4. Improving Your Learning and Memory.
5. Reading Your Textbook.
6. Marking Your Textbook.
7. Organizing Text Information.
8. Preparing for Exams.
9. Taking Tests.
10. Preparing for Finals.