Request for consultation
Systems Architecture, Sixth Edition, is the most comprehensive introduction to information systems hardware and software in business. This new edition remains an indispensable tool for IS students, emphasizing a managerial, broad systems perspective for a holistic approach to systems architecture. Each chapter has been updated thoroughly to reflect the changing nature of new technologies, and all end-of-chapter material has been enhanced and expanded.
- Updated technology coverage, including multiprocessor and multicomputer architecture, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- Expanded coverage of network and system security issues.
- Revised end-of-chapter material covers all key technologies.
- Designed to give students majoring in information systems the appropriate level and coverage of technical topics.
- Background material is presented in simple terms yet emphasizes a managerial, broad systems perspectives for a holistic approach to both hardware and software.
- Business Focus and Technical Focus sections in chapters provide concrete examples of current technologies and related managerial issues.
- A comprehensive student support Web site (http://averia.mgt.unm.edu) provides EOC answers, a hyperlinked glossary, and research links for more in-depth study.
2. Introduction to Systems Architecture.
3. Data Representation.
4. Processor Technology and Architecture.
5. Data Storage Technology.
6. System Integration and Performance.
7. Input/Output Technology.
8. Data and Network Communication Technology.
9. Computer Networks.
10. Application Development.
11. Operating Systems.
12. File and Secondary Storage Management.
13. Internet and Distributed Application Services.
14. System Administration.
Appendix: Measurement Units.