Request for consultation
Refined and streamlined, SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN IN A CHANGING WORLD, 7E helps students develop the conceptual, technical, and managerial foundations for systems analysis design and implementation as well as project management principles for systems development. Using case driven techniques, the succinct 14-chapter text focuses on content that is key for success in today's systems analysis and design. The authors use a highly effective presentation to teach both traditional (structured) and object-oriented (OO) approaches to systems analysis and design. The book highlights use cases, use diagrams, and use case descriptions required for a modeling approach, while demonstrating their application to traditional, web development, object-oriented, and service-oriented architecture approaches. The Seventh Edition's refined sequence of topics makes it easier to read and understand than ever. Regrouped analysis and design chapters provide more flexibility in course organization. Enabling students to apply what they learn as they go, the text's running cases have been completely updated, and now include a stronger focus on connectivity in applications. In addition, each new copy of the text includes 60-day trial versions of Microsoft® Project 2013 Professional and Microsoft® Visio 2013, giving your students hands-on experience with powerful software like professionals use.
- Refined Sequence of Topics: Creating a text that is more student friendly than ever, the authors have refined the Seventh Edition's organization, creating a more streamlined and integrated flow of topics. The refinement makes the learning process smoother and more connected—ultimately resulting in a text that is easier to read and understand.
- Reorganization of Analysis and Design Chapters: All the analysis chapters are combined into Part Two, while all fundamental design chapters are combined into a coherent whole in Part Three. University courses that include only the fundamentals of design—and not the more advanced OO design topics—will find this organization easier to work with. The advanced OO design chapters are also integrated together to provide comprehensive coverage and a smooth transition from fundamentals to advanced topics. This organization provides tremendous flexibility in course organization.
- New Trends Integrated Throughout: Because innovations in development methodologies in the industry are becoming more mature, the authors now integrate them into the main body of the materials instead of pulling them together in a separate chapter at the end of the book.
- Enhanced Treatment of Design and Implementation Using Components: Reflecting new industry trends, the Systems Design and Deployment topics have been reworked. In real-world practice, the development of new systems is migrating more and more to combinations of existing components and plugins with new software. This is occurring in all system development including both commercially purchased software and open-source software—and is fully addressed in the Seventh Edition.
- Updated Running Cases: Completely up-to-date with today's technological environment, the running cases that provide continuity of problem sets and projects have been thoroughly revised and now include more focus on connectivity in applications.
- Trial Version of Microsoft® Project 2013 Professional Provides Students With Valuable Hands-On Experience. Each new copy of SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN IN A CHANGING WORLD, 7E includes a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Project 2013 Professional, giving your students personal experience with this powerful software application.
- Trial Version of Microsoft® Visio 2013 Gives Students Firsthand Experience In Developing Readable and Useful Models. Each new copy of the text also includes a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Visio 2013, giving your students an opportunity to put this versatile software application into practice for themselves.
- Hands-On Practice with Proven Exercises Sharpens Student Skills. Each chapter weaves practical application into every section, enabling your students to immediately put what they learn into practice. Thoroughly tested exercises at the end of each chapter further reinforce the concepts and skills students are learning.
2. Investigating System Requirements.
3. Identifying Use Cases.
4. Domain Modeling.
5. Use Case Modeling.
6. Foundations for Systems Design.
7. Defining the System Architecture.
8. Designing the User Interface.
9. Designing the Database.
10. Approaches to Systems Development.
11. Project Planning and Project Management.
12. Object-Oriented Design: Principles.
13. Object-Oriented Design: Use Case Realization.
14. Deploying the New System.
Online Chapters to Supplement Textbook:
A. The Role of the Systems Analyst.
B. The Traditional Approach to Requirements.
C. Project Management Techniques.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom, or wherever you want!