Request for consultation
The tenth edition of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A LOGISTICS PERSPECTIVE refined its focus on the supply chain approach by blending logistics theory with practical applications and includes updated material on the latest technology, transportation regulations, pricing, and other issues. Each chapter opens with "Supply Chain Profiles" vignettes introducing students to real-world companies, people, and events. New and updated "On the Line" boxed features are applied examples providing students with hands-on managerial experience of the chapter’s topics. "Supply Chain Technology" boxes appear throughout the text, helping students relate technological developments to supply chain management concepts and logistics practices while taking in consideration global changes. Short Cases at the end of each chapter are updated and build on what students have learned in the chapter.
- Chapter 4 updates materials related to network design, includes significant new material related to omni-channel and new content of e-Commerce.
- Chapter 5 features a new model for strategic sourcing process, enhanced content related to working effectively with suppliers, a focus on sourcing a a key process area, current information on TLC (total landed cost) analysis, and new and updated material related to e-Commerce and e-sourcing.
- Chapter 12 has significant new content related to aligning supply chains and forming and sustaining supply chain relationships. It also introduces a process model to facilitate the development and implementation of successful supply chain relationships.
- Chapter 12 also emphasizes the importance of collaboration and collaborative supply chain relationships and includes new coverage of information technology and strategic options available through use of 3PLs, 4PLs, etc.
- Chapter 15 has been significantly revised with new content including substantive new material on: Supply Chain Analytics and Big Data; Omni-Channel; Sustainability and Reverse Flows; 3-D Printing; and The Growing Need for SCM Talent.
- Chapter 15 also takes a current and future look at “The Seven Principles of Supply Chain Management”.
- Short Cases at the end of each chapter helps students build their knowledge by applying the principles learned in the chapter.
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A LOGISTICS PERSPECTIVE refined its focus on the supply chain approach, one of the latest developments in logistics management.
- "Supply Chain Profiles" vignettes at the beginning of each chapter that introduce topics to students using familiar real-world companies, people, and events.
- Practical applications of supply chain management are provided using new and updated "On the Line" boxed featuring hands-on managerial experience of the chapter’s topics.
1. Supply Chain Management: An Overview.
2. Global Dimensions of Supply Chains.
3. Role of Logistics in Supply Chains.
4. Distribution and Omni Channel Network Design.
Part II. Supply Chain Fundamentals.
5. Sourcing Materials and Services.
6. Operations – Producing Goods and Services.
7. Demand Management.
8. Order Management and Customer Service.
Part III. Cross-Chain Logistics Processes.
9. Managing Inventory in the Supply Chain.
Part IV. Supply Chain Challenges and Future Directions.
12. Aligning Supply Chains.
13. Supply Chain Performance Measurement and Financial Analysis.
14. Supply Chain Technology.
15. Strategic Challenges and Change for Supply Chains.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.