Request for consultation
The ninth edition of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A LOGISTICS PERSPECTIVE refined its focus on the supply chain approach by blending logistics theory with practical applications and includes updated material on the latest technology, transportation regulations, pricing, and other issues. Each chapter opens with "Supply Chain Profiles" vignettes introducing students to real-world companies, people, and events. New and updated "On the Line" boxed features are applied examples providing students with hands-on managerial experience of the chapter's topics. "Supply Chain Technology" boxes appear throughout the text, helping students relate technological developments to supply chain management concepts and logistics practices while taking in consideration global changes. Short Cases at the end of each chapter are updated and build on what students have learned in the chapter.
- Updated "Supply Chain Profiles" vignettes at the beginning of each chapter introduce familiar real-world companies, people, and events.
- Revised and expanded "Supply Chain Technology" boxes throughout the text relate technological developments to supply chain management concepts and logistics practice with a deeper global view relative to the fast changing business environment.
- Chapter 2 is updated to incorporate the major changes in the Supply Chain field, including technology and sustainability.
- Chapter 4 is updated to include findings from the 2010 Annual Third Party Logistics study.
- Chapter 6 is updated to address trends and innovations in supply chain software and technology delivery methods.
- Chapter 10 is updated to include the latest transportation strategies and current data on transportation spending, performance, and modal splits.
- Chapter 15 introduces a sustainable approach to Supply Chain Management and the benefits of a low impact business practice in greater detail.
- Chapter 16 highlights contemporary changes and trends in the supply chain and logistics environments, and discusses major areas of priority for the future.
- "Supply Chain Profiles" vignettes at the beginning of each chapter that introduce topics to students using familiar real-world companies, people, and events.
- Practical applications of supply chain management are provided using new and updated "On the Line" boxed featuring hands-on managerial experience of the chapter's topics.
- Short Cases at the end of each chapter helps students build their knowledge by applying the principles learned in the chapter.
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A LOGISTICS PERSPECTIVE refined its focus on the supply chain approach, one of the latest developments in logistics management.
1 Supply Chain Management: An Overview.
2 Role of Logistics in Supply Chains.
3 Global Dimensions of Supply Chains.
4 Supply Chain Relationships.
5 Supply Chain Performance Measurement and Financial Analysis.
6 Supply Chain Technology—Managing Information Flows.
7 Demand Management.
8 Order Management and Customer Service.
9 Managing Inventory in the Supply Chain.
10 Transportation—managing the Flow of the Supply Chain.
11 Distribution—Managing Fulfillment Operations.
12 Supply Chain Network Analysis and Design.
13 Sourcing Materials and Services.
14 Operations—Producing Goods and Services.
15 Supply Chain Sustainability.
16 Strategic Challenges and Change for Supply Chains.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.