Request for consultation
Present the latest updates to the manufacturing and control paradigm, including the challenges and opportunities posed by supply chain management and sustainability trends, with Benton's SUPPLY CHAIN FOCUSED MANUFACTURING & PLANNING CONTROL. This unique text offers a new approach for your course as the book parallels the objective of supply-chain focused manufacturing planning and control systems within businesses today. The author uses his extensive expertise and an abundance of actual examples to skillfully demonstrate how successful businesses design products to be manufactured at the right time, in the right quantities, and following quality specifications in the most cost-efficient manner.
- NEW APPROACH PRESENTS THE LATEST MANUFACTURING AND CONTROL PARADIGM: W.C. Benton's unique book offers a new, contemporary approach for your course. The text focuses on the evolution of manufacturing planning and control, supply-chain-manufacturing integration, lean manufacturing, information technology, remanufacturing, and fully integrated adaptive manufacturing systems.
- REAL-WORLD APPLICATIONS EXEMPLIFY PRINCIPLES IN ACTION: Author Dr. Benton draws upon years of successful teaching experience, unmatched research and industry proficiency to deliver compelling content based on real situations that actual companies face every day. Practical, timely examples throughout the book present the challenges and opportunities posed by supply chain management and sustainability trends today.
- UNSURPASSED COVERAGE OFFERS FOCUS LIKE NO OTHER TEXT: The primary objective of this book parallels the objective of supply-chain manufacturing within businesses today. Students see how successful businesses manufacture products at the right time and in the right quantities with a focus on meeting quality specifications in the most cost-efficient manner. No other textbook available today provides as much serious consideration to these important concepts. The comprehensive glossary of terms is another unique feature of this textbook compared to other manufacturing planning and control textbooks. This Glossary also synchronizes the textbook with the APIC educational mission.
2. Forecasting Demand.
3. Sales and Operations Planning/Aggregate Production Planning.
4. Master Production Planning.
5. Supply Chain Focused Inventory Management.
6. Materials Requirements Planning/Push Production Systems.
7. JIT/Lean Production/Pull Production Systems.
8. Push and Pull Production Systems.
9. Capacity Requirements Planning.
10. Production Planning and Control for Remanufacturing.
11. Managing the Outsourcing Planning and Control System.
12. Executing the Manufacturing Planning and Control System.
Appendix A: Quantity Discounts and Supply Chain Integration.
Appendix B: Glossary for Manufacturing Planning and Control Definitions.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Find everything you need at your fingertips with this all-in-one resource. PowerPoint® lecture slides offer graphics from the text and lecture outlines for innovative presentations while the Instructor's Manual provides chapter-by-chapter resources to prepare for class lectures with learning objectives, chapter reviews and answers to review materials. A thoroughly vetted Test Bank offers a variety of question types tagged to Bloom's taxonomy, AACSB learning outcomes, levels of difficulty, and text topics--available in Word® document and ExamView® software.