Request for consultation
SUCCEEDING IN BUSINESS WITH MICROSOFT OFFICE EXCEL 2013 prepares your students to solve business problems by moving beyond the basic "point and click" skills to think critically about realistic business situations. When students combine software analysis with their own decision making abilities, they are more likely meet any business challenge with success. The Succeeding in Business Series emphasizes problem-solving, critical thinking, and analysis – challenging students to find efficient and effective solutions.
- Fully updated to reflect changes to Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Expanded coverage of pivot charts and tables in chapter 7.
- Expanded coverage of Quick Analysis to chapter 2.
- New Appendix covering Array Functions.
- Comprehensive online instructor resources and review pack with data files.
- Challenges students to find effective solutions to business situations through problem-solving, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Introduces students gradually to more advanced and broader skills through three levels of complexity in each chapter, beginning with an introductory conceptual chapter on databases.
- Offers case problems (such as accounting, finance, marketing, and operations management) and Steps to Success activities that provide additional practice in a real-world context.
- Provides Feature boxes, quick references to the steps needed to complete tasks, and tips to help students become more efficient users of Excel.
1. Applying Fundamental Excel Skills and Tools in Problem Solving.
2. Solving Problems with Statistical Analysis Tools.
3. Determining Effective Data Display with Charts
4. Applying Logic in Decision Making.
5. Retrieving Data for Computation, analysis, and Reference.
6. Evaluating the Financial Impact of Loans and Investments.
7. Organizing Data for Effective Analysis.
8. Using Data Tables and Excel Scenarios for What-if Analysis.
9. Enhancing Decision Making with Solver.
10. Troubleshooting Workbooks and Creating Excel Applications.
Appendix: Working with Array Functions.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM