Request for consultation
Demonstrate how statistical methods are vital for today's managers and economists as you teach students how to apply these tools to real business problems with STATISTICS FOR MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS, 11E. This best-selling business and economic statistics text emphasizes applications over calculations using a unique three-step "ICI" approach to problem solving. Students IDENTIFY the correct statistical technique by focusing on the problem objective and data type; then COMPUTE the statistics (by hand, using Excel® 2016, or using XLSTAT Excel add-in); and ultimately INTERPRET results in the context of the problem. Readers examine functional areas of business as data-driven examples, more than 2400 exercises, and 32 cases demonstrate how marketing managers, financial analysts, accountants, and economists use statistical applications. Many exercises feature returns on 40 stocks. Students can download 1100 data sets, online appendixes and Data Analysis Plus from the book’s website.
- NEW COVERAGE EMPHASIZES XLSTAT OUTPUT AND INSTRUCTIONS. With this valuable instruction your students learn how to use this commercially available software Excel add-in, which is useful not only in this course, but also in their careers after graduation.
- THIS EDITION OFFERS APPROXIMATELY 1,000 NEW EXERCISES. Students gain the hands-on practice and important emphasis on application of the skills they’re learning with the book’s more than 2400 exercises.
- TIMELY DATA FROM THE PAST FOUR SURVEYS OF CONSUMER FINANCES AND THE LAST EIGHT GENERAL SOCIAL SURVEYS EXPOSING STUDENTS TO REAL AND LARGE DATA SETS. Students work with data involving interesting and contemporary issues, such as politics, education, assets, incomes, and debts of real people.
- UPDATED FIGURES AND DATA TABLES REFLECT THE LATEST DATA AND INFORMATION. Working with timely issues not only prepares students for on-the-job experiences, but also keeps their interest throughout your course.
- NEW MINDTAP® READER STATISTICS FOR MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS OFFERS AN ENHANCED, INTERACTIVE EBOOK. MindTap ® Reader offers much more than the traditional eBook. It’s specifically designed for how students assimilate content and media assets -- in a fully online, and often mobile, reading environment. The MindTap® Reader allows students to make notes, highlight text, and find definitions right from the page and includes chapter-specific resources, such as quizzes, flashcards, and more.
- APPENDIX A PROVIDES SUMMARY STATISTICS FOR COMPLETING MANUAL CALCULATIONS. This optional coverage allows you, the professor, flexibility in deciding when and how to use the computer as a tool in your course.
- MORE THAN 1100 DATA SETS AND CORRESPONDING PROBLEMS ASK STUDENTS TO INTERPRET STATISTICAL RESULTS. Students find ample opportunities to practice data analysis and important decision making using this book’s extensive exercises and timely data sets.
- EXTENSIVE DATA SETS GIVE YOU THE FLEXIBILITY TO DEVELOP ADDITIONAL PRACTICE. You have the opportunity to use this edition’s convenient and complete data sets for hundreds of additional examples and exercises.
- APLIA™ FOR INTRODUCTORY BUSINESS STATISTICS HELPS STUDENTS STAY ON TOP OF COURSEWORK WITH REGULARLY SCHEDULED ASSIGNMENTS. Developed by teachers and used by more than 1,000,000 students, Aplia™ features interactive assignments that connect concepts to the real world. Auto-assigned, auto-graded homework holds students accountable for the material before they come to class. Immediate, detailed explanations for every answer enhance comprehension of foundational knowledge and statistical concepts. Gradebook Analytics allow you to monitor performance on a student-by-student basis.
- EMPHASIS ON IDENTIFICATION AND INTERPRETATION PROVIDES STUDENTS WITH PRACTICAL SKILLS. With this book’s emphasis on applications rather than calculations, your student master and practice skills they can apply to real-world problems, whether you choose to use manual or computer calculations.
- STUDENTS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONVERT REAL DATA INTO INFORMATION. This book gives you flexibility, with the optional use of computer software, to teach your students how to work with larger data sets and more realistic exercises and examples.
- REVIEW CHAPTER APPENDIXES OFFER HELPFUL FLOWCHARTS AND PRACTICE. Your students will find more than 240 exercises in these appendixes that allow them to develop their technique-identification skills and prepare for quizzes and exams.
2. Graphical Descriptive Techniques I.
3. Graphical Descriptive Techniques II.
4. Numerical Descriptive Techniques.
5. Data Collection and Sampling.
7. Random Variables and Discrete Probability Distributions.
8. Continuous Probability Distributions.
9. Sampling Distributions.
10. Introduction to Estimation.
11. Introduction to Hypothesis Testing.
12. Inference about a Population.
13. Inference about Comparing Two Populations.
14. Analysis of Variance.
15. Chi-Squared Tests.
16. Simple Linear Regression and Correlation.
17. Multiple Regression.
18. Model Building.
19. Nonparametric Statistics.
20. Time-Series Analysis and Forecasting.
21. Statistical Process Control.
22. Decision Analysis.
Appendix A. Data File Sample Statistics.
Appendix B. Tables.
Appendix C. Answers to Selected Even-Numbered Exercises.