Request for consultation
BASIC SPANISH FOR SOCIAL SERVICES is a career manual designed to serve those in the social services professions who seek basic conversational skills in Spanish. Written for use in two-semester or three-quarter courses, it presents everyday situations that pre-professionals and professionals may encounter when dealing with Spanish-speaking clients, patients, and personnel in the United States at work settings such as hospitals and Department of Social Services offices. This enhanced second edition introduces practical vocabulary, everyday on-the-job situations, and culture notes (Notas culturales) written from a cross-cultural perspective. It provides students with opportunities to apply, in a wide variety of practical contexts, the grammatical structures presented in the corresponding lessons of the Basic Spanish core text.
- This enhanced second edition introduces students to essential vocabulary and provides them with opportunities to apply, in a variety of practical contexts, the grammatical structures presented in the corresponding lessons of the Basic Spanish core text.
- The iLrn™ Language Learning Center enables students to complete worktext activities online while accessing the Basic Spanish eBook.
- The upgraded eBook features note-sharing capabilities, highlighting, and direct video links. Diagnostic tests with auto-generated study plans help students gauge their progress and focus their efforts on areas of weakness.
- Más Práctica grammar activities provide plenty of extra practice outside of class, freeing up precious class time for more high-level discussion.
- Video content from National GeographicTM, along with corresponding activities, introduce students to the cultures and landscapes of 21 different Spanish-speaking countries.
- Convenient Phrasebook –- Vocabulary words and phrases are found in Basic Spanish for Getting Along for quick reference.
- Applied Presentation -- Realistic dialogues, personalized questions, situational role-plays, and realia-based activities correspond grammatically with those in Basic Spanish.
- Practical, Specialized Vocabulary -– The text contains vocabulary essential for communicating in the target language, an audio program for each worktext, and Un paso más sections that offer additional vocabulary practice and realia-based activities.
- Cultural Focus -- Notas culturales highlight Hispanic customs and traditions relevant to the subject matter of the lesson.
- Comprehension Checks -- Comprehension questions on the dialogs in the Dígame section follow the vocabulary lists in each worktext. Pair activities in the Hablemos section provide immediate reinforcement.
Lección preliminar: Conversaciones breves. Communication: Greetings, farewells, and simple conversations to gather information.
Lección 1: En el Departamento de Bienestar Social (I).
Communication: At the Department of Social Welfare: assisting with filling out a form.
Lección 2: En el Departamento de Bienestar Social (II.)
Communication: At the Department of Social Welfare: screening people who apply for financial aid.
Lección 3: En el Departamento de Bienestar Social (III).
Communication: At the Department of Social Welfare: asking questions about family; helping people apply for welfare.
Lección 4: En la Oficina del Seguro Social (I).
Communication: At the Social Security office: processing a new Social Security number; serving applicants for a work permit.
Lección 5: Una entrevista.
Communication: At the Department of Social Welfare: interviewing people applying for welfare.
Lectura 1: SUBSIDIOS ADICIONALES DE ASISTENCIA PÙBLICA.
Repaso (Lecciones 1-5.)
Lección 6: Al año siguiente.
Communication: At the Department of Social Welfare: reevaluating welfare recipients.
Lección 7: Estampillas para alimentos.
Communication: Explaining the food-stamp program.
Lección 8: En el departamento de Servicios Sociales.
Communication: Helping someone apply for the food-stamp program.
Lección 9: El programa de empleo y entrenamiento (I).
Communication: Explaining a work-and-training program to an unemployed person.
Lección 10: El programa de empleo y entrenamiento (II).
Communication: Assisting an unemployed mother improve her chances of finding work.
Lectura 2: DEPARTMENTO DE SERVICIOS SOCIALES DEL ESTADO DE NUEVA YORK.
Repaso (Lecciones 6-10).
Lección 11: Medicaid: El programa federal de servicos medicos.
Communication: Talking to Medicaid applicants: explaining the program.
Lección 12: Maltrato de un niño (I).
Communication: Investigating child abuse.
Lección 13: Maltrato de un niño (II).
Communication: Child abuse: talking to abusive parents.
Lección 14: Ayuda a los ancianos.
Communication: The elderly: making a house call.
Lección 15: En las Oficina del Seguro Social (II).
Communication: Long-term disability: talking to an injured person about rights and obligations; talking about long term disability benefits
Lectura 3: ¡NO SE DESQUITE CON SUS HIJOS!
Repaso (Lecciones 11-15).
Lección 16: En la oficinia de Medicare (I).
Communication: Explaining Medicare.
Lección 17: En la oficinia de Medicare (II).
Communication: Answering questions about Medicare.
Lección 18: Resolviendo problemas.
Communication: Talking about AIDS; talking to the spouse of an alcoholic.
Lección 19: Consejos a las madres.
COmmunication: Talking to a new mother; advising parents about child development.
Lección 20: El ingreso suplementario.
Communication: Answering questions about supplemental income.
Lectura 4: Aviso.
Repaso (Lecciones 16-20).
Appendix A: Introduction to Spanish Sounds and the Alphabet.
Appendix B: Verbs.
Appendix C: Useful classroom expressions.
Appendix D: Weights and measures.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Resource Center 24-Months Instant Access Code
This is an integrated, multimedia package that complements the Basic Spanish text and helps your students succeed in your course anytime, anywhere. Student resources include in-text audio, web search activities, cultural web links, self-grading quizzes, audio flashcards, crossword puzzles, and a glossary as well as a link to a conjugation tool. This site also includes 4 audio phrasebooks that will help you learn key phrases and vocabulary: Getting Along, Law Enforcement and Social Services, Business and Finance, and Medical Personnel and Social Services. Make it easier for your students to use all the eResources you select using this one-stop online portal. Instructor resources include in-text audio scripts, answer keys for in-text activities, answer keys for in-text self tests, vocabulary PowerPoint for each chapter, and situation cards.
Resource Center 24-Months Instant Access Code
Suite of online digital resources for The BASIC SPANISH SERIES. This is an integrated, multimedia package that complements your text and helps you succeed in your course online anytime, anywhere. This includes in-text audio, web search activities, cultural web links, self-grading quizzes, audio flashcards, crossword puzzles, and a glossary as well as a link to a conjugation tool. This site also includes 4 audio phrasebooks that will help you learn key phrases and vocabulary: Getting Along, Law Enforcement and Social Services, Business and Finance, and Medical Personnel and Social Services.