Request for consultation
The text is written for both Civil and Environmental Engineering students enrolled in Wastewater Engineering courses, and for Chemical Engineering students enrolled in Unit Processes or Transport Phenomena courses. It is oriented toward engineering design based on fundamentals. The presentation allows the instructor to select chapters or parts of chapters in any sequence desired.
- The book presents water and wastewater treatment under a single cover.
- Fundamental concepts of each operation and process are first presented in each chapter; then the application in the water treatment and wastewater treatment field are given when applicable.
- Chapters 1 though 5 now provide a strong background in chemical and biological concepts, reactor fundamentals, and other key processes.
- Subsequent chapters present a practical approach to the design of water and wastewater treatment plants, carefully explaining new technologies that affect the design of such facilities.
- After Chapter 6, each chapter is written to be complete within itself, allowing instructors, students and practicing engineers to choose coverage and use as a valuable reference.
2. Biological Concepts
3. Mass Balances, Flow Models, and Reactors
4. Water Quantities and Water Quality
5. Wastewater Quantities and Wastewater Quality
6. Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
7. Preliminary Unit Operations and Processes
8. Coagulation and Flocculation
11. Ammonia Removal
13. Ion Exchange
14. Membrane Processes
15. Activated Sludge
16. Oxygen Transfer and Mixing
17. Trickling Filters and Rotary Biological Contactors
18. Stabilization Ponds and Aerated Lagoons
19. Anaerobic Digestion
20. Aerobic Digestion
21. Solids Handling
22. Land Treatment of Municipal Wastewater and Sludges
23. Other Unit Operations and Processes
Appendices / Glossary / Answers to Selected problems / Index
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Discover everything you need for your course in one place including the online Instructor's Solutions Manual and helpful Lecture Note PowerPoints® slides. All resources are available with password protection.
Online Instructor's Solutions Manual
This edition is accompanied by an invaluable online Instructor's Solutions Manual that includes complete solutions to homework exercises for your convenience in grading.