Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the new generation of Microsoft Office with the new generation of Shelly Cashman Series books! For the past three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. With Office 2010, we're continuing our history of innovation by enhancing our proven pedagogy to reflect the learning styles of today's students. In MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010: POST ADVANCED you'll find features that are specifically designed to engage students, improve retention, and prepare them for future success. Our trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach now encourages students to expand their understanding of the Office 2010 software through experimentation, exploration, and planning ahead. Brand new end of chapter exercises prepare students to become more capable software users by requiring them to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create real-life documents.
- A step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach allows students to successfully learn and retain information to be used in their personal and professional lives.
- New opening chapter presents essential Office 2010 and Windows® 7 skills preventing repetitive coverage of basic skills in the applications chapters and providing students with a strong base for further learning.
- Expanded coverage of PowerPoint and Outlook provides a thorough introduction to these applications and gives exposure to the numerous enhancements made to Office 2010.
- Chapter topic redistribution offers concise chapters that ensure complete skill coverage and lead to more manageable chapters.
- New pedagogical elements enrich material and create an accessible and user-friendly approach allowing easy navigation through the skills in each chapter.
- Offers a Plan Ahead feature which prepares students to create successful projects by encouraging them to think about what they are trying to accomplish before they begin.
- Gives students the information they need to know, when they need to know it through enhancements to the step-by-step instructions, a new Q&A feature, and improved callouts on screenshots.
- Engages students with Experimental steps, which encourage them to go beyond step-by-step instructions to take advantage of the features in the Microsoft Office 2010 new user interface.
- Increases students' retention with end-of-chapter exercises, including Make It Right, Extend Your Knowledge, and Make It Personal, which emphasize problem-solving and experimentation.
8. Using Document Collaboration and Integration Tools.
9. Creating a Master Document with a Table of Contents and an Index.
10. Creating a Template for an Online Form.
11. Enhancing an Online Form and Working with Macros, Document Security, and XML.
8. Enhancing Presentations with Hyperlinks and Action Buttons.
9. Developing a Presentation from an Outline.
10. Creating a Photo Album Presentation with Shapes.
11. Customizing a Template and Handouts Using Masters.
8. PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Trendlines.
9. Formula Auditing, Data Validation, and Complex Problem Solving.
10. Using Macros and Visual Basic for Applications in Excel.
11. External Data, Web Queries, and Collaboration.
8. Advanced Form Techniques.
9. Administering a Database System.
10. Using SQL.
11. Database Design.
4. Creating and Managing Tasks.
5. Customizing Outlook.
A: Project Planning Guidelines.
B: Publishing Office 2010 Web Pages Online.
C: Saving to the Web Using Windows Live SkyDrive.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course all in one place. All instructor resources for this book are available instantly through the password-protected Instructor Companion Website, including the Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank and PowerPoint® slides.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.