Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the important new features that the latest version of Microsoft® Office and Word 2016 have to offer with the focused approach found in Shelly Cashman Series® MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & WORD 2016: COMPREHENSIVE. This new edition is part of the acclaimed Shelly Cashman Series® that has effectively introduced computer skills to millions. Shelly Cashman Series® MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & WORD 2016: COMPREHENSIVE continues the Series’ strong history of innovation with an enhanced learning approach that addresses the varied learning styles of today’s students. A trademark, step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach encourages students to gain a thorough understanding of Microsoft® Word 2016 through experimentation, critical thought, and personalization. This new edition delivers the most effective educational materials specifically designed to engage readers, improve retention, and prepare students for success in working with the advanced features of Microsoft® Office 2016.
- MODULE 1 HIGHLIGHTS A NEW PROJECT AND NEW CONTENT AND TOOLS. Students work with a new flyer project as they become familiar with Microsoft® Word 2016’s different fonts, text effects, colors, picture, picture formats, and page borders.
- MODULE 2 GUIDES STUDENTS IN CREATING A NEW RESEARCH PAPER. New content and new sources introduce the complete Microsoft® Word 2016 skills your students need to creative effective research papers, including the new Smart Lookup button and the Insights task pane.
- MODULE 3 SHOWCASES A NEW BUSINESS LETTER. New content throughout this module emphasizes new and varied clip art, graphic formats, table formats, shape, shape styles, and colors specific to Microsoft® Word 2016.
- MODULE 4 COVERS NEW CONTENT AND SMARTART. Students learn the skills to effectively incorporate picture bullets, colors, table formats and styles in Word 2016.
- MODULE 5 HIGHLIGHTS NEW SHARE FEATURES. This essential module introduces the new Share button and Share pane as well as Word 2016’s updated Share gallery.
- MODULE 6 EMPHASIZES NEW MAIL MERGE FEATURES. Students learn how to effectively use mail merge within Word 2016, including how to format letters, labels and directories.
- MODULE 7 FEATURES NEW CONTENT WITH AN EMPHASIS ON WORDART. Your students learn how to use clip art, pull-quotes, text boxes, SmartArt, colors, borders, and styles as well as WordArt within Word 2016.
- PROVEN PEDAGOGY EMPHASIZES PROJECT PLANNING. This project-planning approach frames the explanations within each module around a practical problem that students need to solve. This brief presentation encourages critical thinking as the learner determines how to proceed at various key points within the module.
- EXTENSIVE END-OF-MODULE ACTIVITIES REINFORCE A QUANTITY OF SKILLS AND APPLICATIONS. These proven, class-tested activities provide a variety of reinforcement opportunities for students to apply and expand their thorough understanding of Microsoft® Word 2016 skills.
- EXPANDED MODULES 8-11 EMPHASIZE ADDITIONAL WORD 2016 FEATURES. These modules are thoroughly updated in this edition to emphasize advanced features and new advantages that Word 2016 offers to users.
- STEP-BY-STEP, SCREEN-BY-SCREEN APPROACH EFFECTIVELY INTRODUCES MICROSOFT® WORD 2016 SKILLS. This proven visual approach presents students with explanatory and navigational information specifically when they need to know it in order to master Word 2016. The book addresses the needs of all learning styles to help students retain and apply skills in their personal and professional lives.
Microsoft’s New Productivity Tools for School and Work.
Office 2016 and Windows 10: Essential Concepts and Skills.
1. Creating, Formatting, and Editing a Word Document with a Picture.
2. Creating a Research Paper with References and Sources.
3. Creating a Business Letter with a Letterhead and Table.
4. Creating a Document with a Title Page, Lists, Tables, and a Watermark.
5. Using a Template to Create a Resume and Sharing a Finished Document.
6. Generating Form Letters, Mailing Labels, and a Directory.
7. Creating a Newsletter with a Pull-Quote and Graphics.
8. Using Document Collaboration, Integration, and Charting Tools.
9. Creating a Reference Document with a Table of Contents and an Index.
10. Creating a Template for an Online Form.
11. Enhancing an Online Form and Using Macros.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.