Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the latest that Microsoft Office has to offer with the new generation of Shelly Cashman Series® books! For the past three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series® has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. With Microsoft Office 2013, we're continuing our history of innovation by enhancing our proven pedagogy to reflect the learning styles of today's students. In this text you'll find features that are specifically designed to engage students, improve retention, and prepare them for future success. Our trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach now encourages students to expand their understanding of Microsoft Office 2013 software through experimentation, critical thought, and personalization. With these enhancements and more, the Shelly Cashman Series® continues to deliver the most effective educational materials for you and your students.
- New Student Success Guide.
- New Integrated Applications Projects Appendix.
- New SAM Projects Appendix with instructor-authored projects.
- New grading in SAM for the chapter projects.
- Now, when students complete projects they are told WHY each step in the process is necessary, in addition to being told what they will be doing and how to accomplish each task.
- New mini-roadmaps are provided throughout each chapter, visually showing students where they are in the process of completing the chapter project.
- Critical thinking has been expanded throughout the text. Consider This boxes throughout each chapter provide thought-provoking questions and problem-solving activities. Chapter-ending Consider This: Plan Ahead boxes and Consider This: Your Turn assignments engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create their own solutions. Plus, every student assignment ends with a question that requires students' thoughts and opinions.
- New emphasis on personalization asks students to include a personal detail in their solutions to every chapter project and assignment, ensuring that each student solution will be unique.
- New lab on integrating Cloud and Web technologies with Microsoft Word challenges students to use general guidelines to learn and investigate independently.
Introduction to Technology.
Office 2013 and Windows 8: Essential Concepts and Skills.
Office 365 Essentials.
1: Creating, Formatting, and Editing a Word Document with a Picture.
2: Creating a Research Paper with References and Sources.
3: Creating a Business Letter with a Letterhead and Table.
1: Creating and Editing a Presentation with Pictures.
2: Enhancing a Presentation with Pictures, Shapes, and WordArt.
3: Reusing a Presentation and Adding Media and Animation.
1: Creating a Worksheet and a Chart.
2: Formulas, Functions, and Formatting.
3: Working with Large Worksheets, Charting, and What-If Analysis.
1: Databases and Database Objects: An Introduction.
2: Querying a Database.
3: Maintaining a Database.
1: Managing Email Messages with Outlook.
2: Managing Calendars with Outlook.
Appendix A: SAM Projects.
Appendix B: Capstone Projects.
Appendix C: MOS Certification.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.