Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the new generation of Microsoft Office with the new generation of Shelly Cashman Series® books! For the past three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series® has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. With Access 2010, we're continuing our history of innovation by enhancing our proven pedagogy to reflect the learning styles of today's students. In Microsoft Access 2010: Comprehensive you'll find features that are specifically designed to engage students, improve retention, and prepare them for future success. Our trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach now encourages students to expand their understanding of the Access 2010 software through experimentation, exploration, and planning ahead. Brand new end of chapter exercises prepare students to become more capable software users by requiring them to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create real-life documents.
- Updated to include coverage of the newest features of Access 2010.
- Chapter topic redistribution offers concise chapters that ensure complete skill coverage and lead to more manageable chapters.
- New pedagogical elements enrich material and create an accessible and user-friendly approach allowing easy navigation through the skills in each chapter.
- New opening chapter presents essential Office 2010 and Windows® 7 skills preventing repetitive coverage of basic skills in the applications chapters and providing students with a strong base for further learning.
- A step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach allows students to successfully learn and retain information to be used in their personal and professional lives
- Increases students' retention with brand new end-of-chapter exercises, including Make It Right, Extend Your Knowledge, and Make It Personal, which emphasize problem-solving and experimentation.
1. Databases and Database Objects: An Introduction
2. Querying a Database
3. Maintaining a Database
4. Creating Reports and Forms
5. Multiple Forms
6. Advanced Report Techniques
7. Using SQL
8. Advanced Form Techniques
9. Macros, Navigation Forms, PivotTables, and PivotCharts
10. Administering a Database System
11. Database Design
A: Project Planning Guidelines.
B: Publishing Office 2010 Web Pages Online.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
Instructor's Website, Comprehensive
Find everything you need for your course all in one place. All instructor resources are available instantly through the password-protected Instructor Companion Website, including the Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank and PowerPoint® slides.