Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the latest that Microsoft Office has to offer with the new generation of Shelly Cashman Series® books! For the past three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series® has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. With MICROSOFT ACCESS 2013, we're continuing our history of innovation by enhancing our proven pedagogy to reflect the learning styles of today's students. In this text you'll find features that are specifically designed to engage students, improve retention, and prepare them for future success. Our trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach now encourages students to expand their understanding of MICROSOFT ACCESS 2013 through experimentation, critical thought, and personalization. With these enhancements and more, the Shelly Cashman Series® continues to deliver the most effective educational materials for you and your students.
- Now, when students complete projects they are told WHY each step in the process is necessary, in addition to being told what they will be doing and how to accomplish each task.
- New mini-roadmaps are provided throughout each chapter, visually showing students where they are in the process of completing the chapter project.
- Critical thinking has been expanded throughout the text. Consider This boxes throughout each chapter provide thought-provoking questions and problem-solving activities. Chapter-ending Consider This: Plan Ahead boxes and Consider This: Your Turn assignments engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create their own solutions. Plus, every student assignment ends with a question that requires students' thoughts and opinions.
- New emphasis on personalization asks students to include a personal detail in their solutions to every chapter project and assignment, ensuring that each student solution will be unique.
- New lab on integrating Cloud and Web technologies with Microsoft Access challenges students to use general guidelines to learn and investigate independently.
- Coverage of Office 2013 and Windows 8 chapter, Database Design, SQL, Office 365, and how to perform tasks using both a mouse and touch screen methods.
- Step-by-step, screen by screen approach presents students with explanatory and navigational information when they need to know it, and addresses all learning styles to help students retain and apply skills in their personal and professional lives.
- Proven pedagogy with an emphasis on project planning frames each chapter around a practical problem to be solved, and encourages critical thinking about how to proceed at various points in the chapter.
- Extensive end-of-chapter activities provide a variety of reinforcement opportunities for students to apply and expand their skills.
Office 365 Essentials.
1. Databases and Database Objects: An Introduction.
2. Querying a Database.
3. Maintaining a Database.
Important Notes for Windows 7 Users.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
Instructor's Website, Comprehensive
Find everything you need for your course all in one place. All instructor resources are available instantly through the password-protected Instructor Companion Website, including the Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank and PowerPoint® slides.