Request for consultation
DISCOVERING COMPUTERS& MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010: A FUNDAMENTAL COMBINED APPROACH is designed to provide you with everything you need for your Intro to Computers course in ONE book. This new offering from the Shelly Cashman Series® combines the best selling Discovering Computers, computer concepts material with the step-by-step Microsoft Office 2010 applications content to provide you and your students with a single offering for your Intro to Computers course.
- New! Interactive, integrated e-book option enhances student learning by allowing them to access activities, video within the context of e-page.
- New ! Interactive, integrated e-book option brings the book to life, whereas pictures within the book become videos and artwork becomes animations.
- Discovering Computers content is updated to ensure coverage of the latest technology break-through including the iPad and much more.
- New! New opening chapter presents essential Office 2010 and Windows® 7 skills preventing repetitive coverage of basic skills in the applications chapters and providing students with a strong base for further learning.
- Chapter topic redistribution offers concise chapters that ensure complete skill coverage and lead to more manageable chapters.
- New pedagogical elements enrich material and create an accessible and user-friendly approach allowing easy navigation through the skills in each chapter.
- A project-based approach that allows students to learn skills within a real-world context.
- A singular text provides all of your students' needs for coverage of both computer concepts and Microsoft Office 2010 skills.
- Provide students with a solid understanding of the current trends in technology as they are applied to today's digital world.
- A proven step-by-step pedagogy and enhanced callouts within screenshots, walk students through each step of a task, making it easy to learn difficult skills.
1. Introduction to Computers.
Special Feature 1: Living Digitally.
2. The Internet and World Wide Web.
Special Feature 2: Making Use of the Web.
3. Application Software.
Special Feature 3: Digital Video Technology.
4. Operating Systems and Utility Programs.
Special Feature 4: Digital Communications.
5. Computer Security and Safety, Ethics, and Privacy.
Special Feature 5: Buyer's Guide: How to Purchase Computers and Mobile Devices.
Quiz Yourself Answers.
MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010.
Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7.
Office 2010 and Windows 7: Essential Concepts and Skills.
MICROSOFT WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER 8.
Introduction to Windows Internet Explorer.
MICROSOFT WORD 2010.
1. Creating, Formatting, and Editing a Word Document with Pictures.
2. Creating a Research Paper with Citations and References.
3. Creating a Business Letter with a Letterhead and Table.
MICROSOFT POWERPOINT 2010.
1. Creating and Editing a Presentation with Clip Art.
2. Enhancing a Presentation with Pictures, Shapes, and WordArt.
3. Reusing a Presentation and Adding Media.
MICROSOFT EXCEL 2010.
1. Creating a Worksheet and an Embedded Chart.
2. Formulas, Functions, and Formatting.
3. What-If Analysis, Charting, and Working with Large Worksheets.
MICROSOFT ACCESS 2010.
1. Databases and Database Objects: An Introduction.
2. Querying a Database.
Appendix A: Project Planning Guidelines.
Appendix B: Publishing Office 2010 Web Pages Online.
Appendix C: Saving to the Web Using Windows Live SkyDrive.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.