Request for consultation
Introducing a variety of perspectives on sex taken by many of the world major religions, SEX AND RELIGION focuses on both the historical development of these perspectives as well as their most current manifestations. Each chapter is written by a distinguished scholar in the particular religion(s) and offers an overview of the doctrines of each religion and how they inform their adherents' views on sexuality and gender.
2. Hinduism, Rita Sherma (Calif. State University).
3. Buddhism, Alan Sponberg (University of Montana).
4. Chinese Religions, Douglas Wile (Brooklyn College).
5. Judaism, Barbara Geller (Wellesley College).
6. Christianity, Anthony LoPresti (Sacred Heart School of Theology).
7. Mormons, Klaus Hansen (Queens University).
8. Children of God, Miriam Williams-Boeri (Georgia State University).
9. Islam, Larry Poston (Nyack College).
10. Conclusion, Manning and Zuckerman.