Request for consultation
A user-friendly, hands-on approach to understanding solid-state devices, SEMICONDUCTORS FROM BOOK TO BREADBOARD: COMPLETE TEXTBOOK/LAB MANUAL, 1ST Edition centers on the concepts and skills entry-level electronics technicians need to be successful. Delivered in a common-sense, lesson-to-lab format, the book uses simple terms and multiple learning reinforcements--like chapter reviews and online resources--to identify, test, and troubleshoot discrete and integrated semiconductor devices, such as diodes, transistors, and op amps. Twenty-two classroom-tested labs show users how to build, observe, and analyze the operation of rectifiers, power supplies, amplifiers, oscillators, and electronic control circuits, and help build a working knowledge of the material.
- Up-to-Date Supporting Technology: Solid State Challenges software provides twelve interactive lessons for learners to practice their skills, while Multi-SIM® 11 circuit design software introduces them to technology used by professional electronics technicians every day.
- Helpful In-Text Features: "Links to Prior Learning" features merge older material to new concepts and experiences, while "Troubleshooting Tips for Technicians" helps users sharpen their critical thinking skills and prepare for real-world careers.
- Clear and Concise Delivery: Simplified terms throughout the book help learners digest complex material on physics, chemistry, and technology without diluting the concepts. The author also designed the lab experiments around common electronic components in order to minimize lab inventory and simplify your course.
- Practical, Tested Laboratory Exercises: Twenty-two in-text experiments provide immediate learning reinforcement, allowing users to progress from lectures to labs in one classroom period. Classroom tested many times over, each lab delivers critical, hands-on training with semiconductors and without the hassle of procedural errors and false results.
- Enriching, Online Resources: Text-coordinated PowerPoint® slides and an online test bank help instructors guide the learning process with ease, while online chapter review questions reinforce the reading and classroom experiences for users.
Section I: DIODES.
1. Semiconductor Principles and the PN Junction Diode.
2. Special Purpose Diodes and Their Applications.
3. Rectifiers and Power Supplies.
Section II: TRANSISTORS.
4. Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJTs).
5. Amplifier Configurations.
6. Amplifier Classes.
7. Field-Effect Transistors.
Section III: ADVANCED SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS.
8. Operational Amplifiers.
10. Semiconductor Control Devices.
Section IV: RESOURCES.
Appendix A: Semiconductor Schematic Symbols.
Appendix B: Glossary.
Appendix C: Answers to Chapter Review Questions.
Appendix D: Index.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.