Request for consultation
Practical and easy to understand, SAFETY, HEALTH, AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONCEPTS FOR THE PROCESS INDUSTRY, Second Edition is an essential text for anyone who apsires to work in process technology. Through a hands-on approach and direct writing style, the author succinctly covers all of the safety and regulatory issues essential to the industry. In addition, relevant topics such as OSHA regulations and analyzer technology are discussed in detail. Each chapter includes learning objectives, a list of the key terms , a chapter summary, and review questions. This thoroughly revised second edition also includes a chapter specific to OSHA and DOT, upgraded artwork, and relevant articles to enhance student understanding and demonstrate real world relevance.
- Coverage has been updated to include topics specific to instrumentation and analyzer technicians.
- Relevant articles are now included in the text for students to read and then report on.
- Photos and art have been upgraded to appeal to visual learners.
- The safety and regulatory issues that workers in the process industry need to be familiar with are covered in detail.
- Tools to enhance student understanding, such as learning objectives, key terms, and review questions, are included in each chapter.
- Reprints of important OSHA regulations are included in the appendices.
2. History of the Safety and Health Movement.
3. Workplace Accidents and the Human Factor.
4. Hazard Recognition.
5. Toxic Hazards.
6. Fire and Fire Hazards.
7. Process Hazards: Pressure, Steam, Electricity.
8. Noise and Vibration Hazards.
9. Hazards of Temperature.
10. Hazards of Process Sampling.
11. Control of Hazards: Engineering Controls.
12. Control of hazards: Administrative Controls.
13. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
14. Hazard Communication (HAZCOM).
15. Respiratory Protection.
16. Process Safety Management (PSM).
17. Permit Systems.
18. Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER).
19. OSHA and DOT.
20. The Environmental Protection Agency.
21. Stress, Drugs and Violence.
22. Hurricanes, Plant Security.