Request for consultation
ROADMAP TO INFORMATION SECURITY: FOR IT AND INFOSEC MANAGERS provides a solid overview of information security and its relationship to the information needs of an organization. Content is tailored to the unique needs of information systems professionals who find themselves brought in to the intricacies of information security responsibilities. The book is written for a wide variety of audiences looking to step up to emerging security challenges, ranging from students to experienced professionals. This book is designed to guide the information technology manager in dealing with the challenges associated with the security aspects of their role, providing concise guidance on assessing and improving an organization's security. The content helps IT managers to handle an assignment to an information security role in ways that conform to expectations and requirements, while supporting the goals of the manager in building and maintaining a solid information security program.
- THE INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER'S JOURNAL: Each chapter opens with an ongoing narrative written in the first person, providing insight into the challenges information systems professionals face when placed into the role of an information security manager.
- INCLUDES FOREWORD WRITTEN BY RESPECTED INDUSTRY PIONEER DONN B. PARKER
- REFLECTION POINTS: Journal entries conclude with a set of open-ended questions that complete the scenario and give the reader a chance to further ponder the issues under discussion.
- TECHNICAL AND MANAGERIAL DETAILS BOXES: Interspersed throughout the book, these sections highlight interesting topics and detailed technical issues, giving the reader the option of delving into selected topics more deeply.
- HANDS-ON ASSESSMENT CHECKLISTS: Program assessment questions offer users the opportunity to compare their programs against national and international information security standards, such as ISO 27001 and NIST SP 800 series.
- SECURITY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION MAP: A map of the CISSP and CISM certification domains into the chapters and sections of the book will facilitate review and study for those seeking certification.
1. Introduction to the Roadmap to Information Security Roadmap.
2. Threats to Information Assets.
3. Attacks on Information Assets.
Part II: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SECURITY: SECURITY GOVERNANCE.
4. Information Technology and Information Security Governance.
5. Information Security Roles and Responsibilities.
6. Positioning the Information Security Function.
7. Conducting an Information Security Assessment.
Part III: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SECURITY: RISK MANAGEMENT.
8. Risk Management: Risk Identification.
9. Risk Management: Risk Assessment.
10. Risk Management: Risk Control.
11. Alternate Approaches to Risk Management.
PART IV: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SECURITY: STANDARDS, REGULATIONS, LAW AND ETHICS.
12. Standards for Managing the Information Security Program.
13. Emerging Trends in Certification and Accreditation.
14. Dealing with Regulatory Compliance and Key Legal Issues.
15. Other Important Laws for Every IT/Security Manager.
16. Ethics in IT and Information Security.
Part V: TACTICAL INFORMATION SECURITY: POLICIES AND PROGRAMS.
17. Information Security Policy: Development and Implementation.
18. Information Security Policy Types: EISP, ISSP, SysSP.
19. Employment Policies and Practices.
20. Implementing Security Education, Training, and Awareness Programs.
Part VI: TACTICAL INFORMATION SECURITY: CONTINGENCY PLANNING.
21. Contingency Planning: Planning for the Worst.
22. The Incident Response Plan.
23. The Disaster Recovery Plan.
24. The Business Continuity Plan.
Part VII: OPERATIONAL INFORMATION SECURITY: NETWORK SECURITY.
25. Communications and Operations Management.
27. Protecting Remote Access.
28. Intrusion Detection Systems.
29. Scanning and Analysis Tools.
Part VIII: OPERATIONAL INFORMATION SECURITY: CRYPTOGRAPHY AND ACCESS CONTROLS.
30. Cryptography in Theory.
31. Cryptography in Practice.
32. Access Controls and Biometrics.
33. Physical Security.
Part IX: SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS.
Appendix A: Information Security Self-Assessment Checklists.
Appendix B: Information Security Certification Guidelines – The CISSP/SSCP.
Appendix C: Information Security Certification Guidelines – The CISM.