Request for consultation
THE RESUME WRITER'S WORKBOOK, 4TH EDITION is an easy to understand text that provides step-by-step guidance on creating outstanding resumes and preparing for the entire job search process. It helps students develop a solid plan to market themselves to potential employers, teaches them how to write effective and eye-catching cover letters, and includes comprehensive coverage about searching for jobs online.
- 'Career Transitions' is a comprehensive, self-paced application that walks job seekers through the entire employment process--from assessing interests and requirements, to exploring the best career paths, to making direct progress toward landing a job or finding a sustainable career.
- Chapters on networking and using the Internet for the job search.
- Features throughout the book include quotes from those who hire.
- Tips for doing research online to assist with the job search.
- Tips for making an impactful resume.
- Product website features soft skills activities that will help prepare your students for interviews and for conducting themselves in a professional environment.
- Design along with photos in every chapter.
- Provides the most up-to-date resume formats and Internet resources.
- Emphasis on 'marketing yourself' sets the tone for the reader.
- Information about Internet job search.
- Easy-to-read and understand format.
- Workbook format with worksheets helps simplify the resume writing process.
2. Setting a Realistic Job Search Goal.
3. The Importance of the Resume.
4. Contact Information.
5. Career Objective.
6. Summary of Qualifications.
7. Professional Experience--Chronological.
8. Professional Experience--Functional.
10. Additional Qualifications.
12. Putting it All Together--The Sequence of Your Resume Headings.
13. The Cover Letter and Other Job-Related Correspondence.
14. The Job Application and Skill Tests.
15. The Internet and Your Job Search.
16. Electronic Resumes, Portfolios, and Other New Resume Formats.
17. Networking--Uncovering the Hidden Job Market.
18. The Job Interview.
19. Your Personal Job Journal.
"The 'Success Story' section [a new feature] is very useful. My students seem to retain information better when there is a clear example given. In addition, I feel that it is inspiring to see that someone has had a success story, and it encourages students to keep going in this tough job market."
"The examples and explanations [in the new edition] are clearer for both the instructor and students to fully understand the main concept and expectation of a job seeker."