Request for consultation
Practical, straightforward, and easy to understand, the fifth edition of RESPIRATORY CARE SCIENCES: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH covers the basic mathematical and scientific concepts relevant to the clinical practice of respiratory therapy. This comprehensive book features clear and concise explanations of key physical concepts, along with explicit diagrams that are designed to help students visualize the material presented. A vast array of updated examples and practice problems with detailed, step-by-step solutions, foster understanding and assessment of basic scientific theories and help students avoid common mistakes. With real world examples, new clinical concepts, and coverage consistent with NBRC matrix and AARC guidelines, the fifth edition prepares students for a successful career in respiratory therapy.
- VISUAL AIDS. New diagrams have been added in order to appeal to the visual learner.
- PRACTICE OPPORTUNITIES. Multiple practice problems, which include answers and step-by-step solutions, give students the opportunity to practice what they have learned.
- EXPANDED CLINICAL CONCEPTS. Clinical Concepts have been added throughout the text to demonstrate the relevance of basic science principles and the clinical practice of respiratory therapy.
- REORGANIZATION. The sequence of chapters has been changed.
- QUICK REFERENCE FORMULAE. Quick reference formulae are located on the inside front cover.
- REVIEW OPPORTUNITIES. Chapter Summaries are bulleted for a quick review of concepts.
- INSTRUCTOR RESOURCES. An instructor’s manual provides more support in the classroom, including lesson planning suggestions, chapter outlines, and a sample syllabus. The online instructor resources also include a test bank and PowerPoint presentations.
- CLINICAL PRACTICE. The basic fundamental principles and concepts of science pertinent to the clinical practice of respiratory therapy, including chemistry, physics and math are highlighted throughout the text.
- REAL-LIFE EXAMPLES. Many basic scientific theories, laws, and formulae are applied to real-life cardiopulmonary examples.
- NBRC MATRIX AND AARC GUIDELINES. The text material is aligned with the NBRC matrix and AARC guidelines and materials.
5. Physiological Chemistry.
“Strength: likes the idea of summarizing the math and science concepts, particularly as a student resource. This book contains good coverage on several topics that confuse respiratory students the most." - Robin Garland, Firelands College, Bowling Green State University, OH
“The advantage of our textbook is that it is worth referring back to when students/practitioners need to clarify concepts. " - Ruben Restrepo, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX