Request for consultation
This text provides readers with practical skills and treatment strategies and is unique in its conceptualization of substance abuse treatment from a rehabilitation perspective, and its perspective of substance abuse as a disability. The authors treat substance abuse as a complex problem, with a diverse etiological basis stressing that recovery is a process that is holistic, individualized, and functionally based.
1. History and Background of Rehabilitation.
2. Drug and Alcohol History.
3. Conceptualizing Substance Abuse and Dependence: A Rehabilitation Perspective.
4. Drugs and the Central Nervous System.
5. Drugs of Abuse.
6. Group Counseling.
7. Family Counseling.
10. Treatment Planning, Case Management and Managed Care.
11. Special Populations.
12. Substance Abuse as a Coexisting Disability.
13. Alcohol, Drugs and Work.