Request for consultation
PROCEDURES AND THEORY FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS, 7TH EDITION prepares students seeking entry-level assistant positions or who are transitioning to a job with greater responsibility. Instruction and activities target new technology and build communication and human relation skills. Emphasis on critical thinking, creative problem solving, and professional development prepare students for challenges they will face in today's global market place. The seventh edition has been reorganized to offer more thorough coverage of key topics ranging from new technologies, the changing workplace, leadership, and personal finance. This text is packed with professional pointers, technology, and practical activities that prepare students for success in today's global workplace.
- 21st CENTURY SKILLS feature builds critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration skills that are vital to successful interactions on the job. These skills are applied in activities in leadership, project management, brainstorming, and more.
- COMPLETELY REORGANIZED TABLE OF CONTENTS. This overhaul provides a stronger logical flow and reduces overlap of topics.
- RECORDS MANAGEMENT topics are now organized in two chapters, giving greater coverage of concepts.
- EMPHASIS ON RELEVANT TOPICS. Issues affecting administrative professionals such as self-management, networking, changing workplace roles and responsibilities, job outlook and opportunities, and setting and achieving goals.
- GLOBAL COMMUNICATION CHAPTER EMPHASIZES TECHNOLOGY. Changes in processes and technology impact professionals at work today.
- COVERAGE OF CURRENT TECHNOLOGY. This edition includes up-to-date coverage of contemporary technology such as wikis, blogs, online surveys, voicethreads and how professionals use these tools in today's office. Tech Talk features, end-of-chapter activities and Web exercises teach and apply these technologies.
- END-OF-CHAPTER ACTIVITIES. A wide variety of practical activities emphasize communication, workplace skills and building relationships.
- CourseMate for PROCEDURES AND THEORY FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook.
- Concepts in each chapter are reinforced with meaningful end-of-chapter activities and interactive Web activities.
- PROCEDURES AND THEORY FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS, 7TH EDITION features practical, real-world learning activities tied directly to critical thinking, team-building, communication, and technology skills.
1. The Workplace - Constantly Changing.
2. Your Professional Image.
3. Workplace Teams.
Part II: WORKFORCE BEHAVIORS.
5. Ethical Theories and Behaviors.
7. Customer Service.
Part III: COMMUNICATION ESSENTIALS.
8. Written Communication.
9. Verbal Communication and Presentations.
10. Global Communication - Technology and Etiquette.
Part IV: RECORDS AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.
11. Records Management.
12. Managing Electronic Records.
13. Personal Finance and Investment Strategies.
Part V: PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND GROWTH.
14. Event Planning.
15. Travel Arrangements.
16. Workplace Mail and Copying.
17. Job Search and Advancement.
"The 21st Century Skills feature is extremely helpful . . . and not just for students."
"The Global Communication chapter … offers a lot of information to generate good class discussions."
"The Tech Tools activity is a great use of the chapter content. I particularly liked the section on soft skills and the assignments relative to communication and making introductions. Also liked the information about international business customs and etiquette, which is more important than many students may realize."
"This assignment gets students thinking toward a career rather than just an initial job by creating a permanent portfolio of their work."
"Excellent end-of-chapter activities; so many to pick from. Thank you!"
"Tech Talk, 21st Skills, and Professional Pointers really set this book apart from other books. Good discussion points are in these features. Nice work!"
"The Professional Pointers are right to the point, and very easy to comprehend."
"This chapter was filled with great information that is needed for our future workers. I feel that the activities at the end of the chapter are more than enough for students to gain practical and motivating experience."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.
Records Management Simulation
Records Management Simulation provides realistic activities for filing and retrieval of both physical and electronic records in a business environment. Rules are compatible with ARMA International guidelines. This set of practical learning materials consists of 13 filing jobs in which students practice physical document filing in alphabetic, subject, consecutive numeric, terminal-digit numeric, and geographic filing systems as well as requisition/charge-out and transfer procedures. A data CD includes report sheets to be filled out by students after they complete each job, finding test forms, simulated e-mail messages, and files for use with database applications.
Records Management Simulation
Records Management Simulation provides realistic activities for filing and retrieval of both physical and electronic records in a business environment. Rules are compatible with ARMA International guidelines. This set of practical learning materials consists of 13 filing jobs in which you can practice physical document filing in alphabetic, subject, consecutive numeric, terminal-digit numeric, and geographic filing systems as well as requisition/charge-out and transfer procedures. A data CD includes report sheets to fill out after you complete each job, finding test forms, simulated e-mail messages, and files for use with database applications.