Request for consultation
Providing a solid managerial perspective, PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, 6e draws from the authors' firsthand experiences and relationships with executives and practitioners worldwide to present the most current and complete coverage of today's supply management process. The text includes critical developments from the field, such as cases from emerging healthcare and service industries, procure-to-pay redesign, supply risk, innovation, sustainability, collaboration, and much more. Students examine key changes in supply management and the impact of the global economy and ongoing business uncertainty on continuous cost and value management across the supply chain. Numerous real-world cases and captivating examples help students gain contextual insights and knowledge into the strategies, processes, and practices of supply management. PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, 6E equips future managers with a thorough understanding of the impact that purchasing and supply chain management have on the competitive success and profitability of today's organizations. It introduces students to the critical role of purchasing in the supply chain with a turnkey solution that can serve as a valuable professional reference well beyond the course.
- CUTTING-EDGE: Reflecting the latest developments and practices from the field, the powerful new Sixth Edition of PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT draws directly from the authors' extensive research and work with purchasing and supply chain managers across industry and across the globe.
- THOROUGH COVERAGE: Focusing on the topics most important for future managers' success, the text offers expansive coverage of cross-functional teaming, purchasing and supply performance measurement, supplier integration into new product development, electronic sourcing software, supplier risk management, contracting and Internet law, enterprise resource planning (ERP), as well as other innovations and future developments in purchasing.
- TEXT COVERAGE REFLECTS AUTHORS' EXTENSIVE FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCES AND INSIGHTS FROM EXECUTIVES AND PRACTITIONERS WORLDWIDE. The timely, comprehensive coverage throughout this leading-edge text is a culmination of the authors' ongoing discussions with purchasing and supply chain managers from various industries around the world.
- STRONG MANAGERIAL PERSPECTIVE PREPARES STUDENTS TO MANAGE THE PURCHASING FUNCTION EFFECTIVELY. The text's hallmark, the solid managerial perspective throughout enables students to examine the core tasks and challenges required to effectively manage the purchasing function in the context of today's integrated supply chain.
- HANDS-ON, APPLIED APPROACH ENSURES LEARNING SUCCESS. The text's engaging approach and integrated learning features, cases, and memorable examples have been thoroughly tested with student audiences to ensure that students remain interested and actively involved in the learning process.
- THE CONCEPT OF TEAMING IS EMPHASIZED THROUGHOUT THIS BOOK. Because cross-functional teaming and collaboration are so critical in business today, many of the text's case exercises require team effort, helping students fully understand the impact of purchasing on business' major functional activities.
- THE TEXT PROVIDES A VALUABLE REFERENCE TOOL. In addition to serving as a comprehensive learning tool during class, this leading strategy and purchasing book also serves as a valuable professional reference long after the course has ended.
1. Introduction to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management.
Part 2: PURCHASING OPERATIONS AND STRUCTURE.
2. The Purchasing Process.
3. Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
4. Supply Management Integration for Competitive Advantage.
5. Purchasing and Supply Management Organization.
Part 3: STRATEGIC SOURCING.
6. Supply Management and Commodity Strategy Development.
7. Supplier Evaluation and Selection.
8. Supplier Quality Management.
9. Supplier Management and Development: Creating a World-Class Supply Base.
10. Worldwide Sourcing.
Part 4: STRATEGIC SOURCING PROCESS.
11. Strategic Cost Management.
12. Purchasing and Supply Chain Analysis: Tools and Techniques.
13. Negotiation and Conflict Management.
14. Contract Management.
15. Purchasing Law and Ethics.
Part 5: CRITICAL SUPPLY CHAIN ELEMENTS.
16. Lean Supply Chain Management.
17. Purchasing Services.
18. Supply Chain Information Systems and Electronic Sourcing.
19. Performance Measurement and Evaluation.
Part 6: FUTURE DIRECTIONS.
20. Purchasing and Supply Strategy Trends.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom, or wherever you want!