Request for consultation
Combining the practical approach of a trade book with fundamental PR principles and theories, PUBLIC RELATIONS WRITING: STRATEGIES & STRUCTURES, 11th Edition, thoroughly equips students with the essential techniques and methods needed to write with understanding and purpose. The Eleventh Edition takes a more strategic focus as it guides students through a logical progression of PR writing, starting with the roles and responsibilities of the PR writer, followed by writing principles, preparing to write, writing for select audiences, and writing for turbulent times. It also introduces different styles and techniques behind writing principles. In addition, the text now includes an entire chapter devoted to writing for social media.
- Practical Approach: PUBLIC RELATIONS WRITING: STRATEGIES & STRUCTURES, 11th Edition, combines the practicality of a trade book with the fundamental principles and theories of public relations to provide students with the essential techniques and methods needed to write with understanding and purpose.
- Strategic Focus: The new edition takes a more strategic focus. Guiding students through a logical progression of PR writing, it starts with the roles and responsibilities of the PR writer, followed by writing principles, preparing to write, writing for select audiences and finally writing for turbulent times.
- Social Media: The Eleventh Edition's all-new chapter 5 offers comprehensive coverage of everything related to writing for social media and incorporates the latest information available.
- Reviewers consistently praise the clarity, comprehensiveness and practicality of this popular text.
- Giving students step-by-step samples to follow, updated examples and illustrations provide effective models for a variety of purposes, including media fact sheets, email, position papers, media kits and media pitches.
- End-of-chapter exercises guide students through real-world examples of public relations in action to demonstrate and expand upon chapter topics -- enabling them to put what they learn into practice.
- Chapter 14 provides comprehensive coverage of effective communication in present-day crisis situations, including online attacks, hacking, stolen identities and more.
Part I: PR WRITING: ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY.
1. Public Relations and the Writer.
2. Ethical and Legal Responsibilities of the PR Writer.
Part II: WRITING PRINCIPLES.
3. Writing to Clarify and Simplify the Complex.
4. Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation.
Part III: PREPARING TO WRITE.
5. Social Media.
6. Research for the Public Relations Writer.
7. Writing to Persuade.
Part IV: WRITING FOR SELECT AUDIENCES.
8. Media Kits, Media Pitches, Backgrounders and Columns.
9. Writing for Public Media.
10. Email, Memos, Letters, Proposals and Reports.
12. Magazines & Brochures.
13. Speeches, Presentations and Other Orally Delivered Messages.
Part V: WRITING IN TURBULENT TIMES.
14. Crisis Communication.