Request for consultation
Ideal as a primary text for courses in Public Policy or as a supplementary text for courses in American Government. This text offers an innovative two-part organization. Part I details each aspect of the policy cycle, while Part II applies the policy cycle to such issues as health, welfare, crime, education, energy, and the environment.
1. The Public Policy Approach to Understanding Politics in America.
2. Agenda Setting: What Problems Will Become Subjects for Governmental Action?.
3. Policy Formulation: Designing Solutions to Public.
4. Implementation: Filling in the Gaps of Public Policy.
5. Evaluation: Determining the Effectiveness of Public Policy.
Part II: Substantive Policy Issues.
6. Health Policy: The High Cost of Good Health.
7. Social Welfare: Who Gets What from Government.
8. Crime and Justice: Law in Action.
9. Educational Policy and the Goal of Equal Opportunity.
10. Energy Policy: The Politics of Growth.
11. Environmental Policy: Economic Growth Versus Environmental Protection.