Request for consultation
PROFESSIONAL SELLING: A TRUST BASED-APPROACH, 4e provides students with a comprehensive coverage of contemporary professional selling in an interesting and challenging manner. Including relational consultative selling, the text is organized on a more contemporary relationship-selling process that the author team has tested in, and developed for, major selling organizations (such as Holt Equipment, CDW Corporation, and TransWestern Publishing). Many professors wish to build a foundation for selling that precedes in-depth discussion in the areas of sales strategy and sales techniques. Given that it is often difficult and time-consuming to build realistic cases and role-playing exercises, PROFESSIONAL SELLING provides such content and pedagogy in many of its key features, including "Developing Professional Selling Knowledge", "Building Professional Selling Skills", and "Making Professional Selling Decisions".
- Professional Selling in the 21st Century: Each module contains two of these features, which illustrate concepts from the text and places them in a real-world setting. These examples come from companies such as Holt Equipment, CDW Corporation, and TransWestern Publishing, and include the latest practices from their sales executives.
- All Opening Vignettes for the modules are new.
- Role plays, indicated by an icon in the margins, are found in each chapter (often linked to the Ethical Dilemma Boxes).
- New video package.
- Building Professional Selling Skills: Consisting of three situations or application exercises, this feature asks students to apply the professional selling knowledge learned in the module. Exercises challenge students to think like salespeople, make tough sales decisions, and to seek out additional selling resources on the Web.
- Making Professional Selling Decisions: Each module concludes with two short cases, which represent realistic and interesting professional selling situations. Designed for students to role play the solutions, these cases include topics such as intense price competition, using new selling processes, and strengthening sales call introductions.
- The new trust based sales process is the major organizing framework for the entire text. An overall model is presented in the first module and the remaining modules are linked to it.
- New sales professionals have been added to the Professional Selling Panel.
- Sales Ethics Module: To better accentuate the emphasis on trust-building as a key foundation of professional selling, Module 2 focuses on "Building Trust and Sales Ethics".
- Earlier Coverage on Communications Skills: "Communications Skills" is now Module 4, adding an important human element to the organizational buyer behavior material in the module. Experience says students can relate to the four communications styles (driver, analytical, amiable, expressive) and that it adds realistic depth to the task of customizing sales presentation to specific buyers.
- Role Plays: In the new edition of Professional Selling there are an increased number of role plays at the end of each module. These role plays help students to act out various selling roles and are identified by role play icons allowing for easy identification.
- Customer Relations Focus: Extensive coverage of trust-building in the sales process is integrated in this text, with a focus on establishing, maintaining, and enhancing customer relations.
- Self Leadership and Teamwork: Professional Selling integrates self leadership and teamwork skills so that students fully realize professional salespeople's job responsibilities and their contributions to their employer.
- Robust End-of-Module Applications: Each module facilitates student learning and skill-building with complete end-of-module applications. At the end of each module there are sections on: "Understanding Professional Selling Terms" (key terms addressed in the module); "Developing Professional Selling Knowledge" (questions to help readers develop and understand important professional selling issues and relationships); "Building Professional Selling Skills" (exercises in which readers can apply professional selling knowledge learned in the module); and "Making Professional Selling Decisions" (case situations that allow readers to make important professional selling decisions).
Appendix 1: Sales Careers.
Part 1: THE FOUNDATIONS OF PROFESSIONAL SELLING.
Module 2: Building the Trust and Sales Ethics.
Module 3: Understanding Buyers.
Module 4: Communication Skills.
Part 2: INITIATING CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS.
Module 5: Prospecting and Preapproach.
Module 6: Planning the Presentation and Approaching the Customer.
Part 3: DEVELOPING CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS.
Module 7: Sales Presentation Delivery.
Module 8: Addressing Concerns and Earning Commitment.
Part 4: ENHANCING CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS.
Module 9: Adding Value: Follow-Up.
Module 10: Adding Value: Self-Leadership and Teamwork.