Request for consultation
PROCESS TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS, 3E is a comprehensive introduction to the workings of a modern manufacturing facility in the process industry. The text, which fits a standard equipment and systems course, provides your students with the information they need to know and uses up-to-date graphics and photos to enhance their understanding of how process systems and equipment actually operate. This book carries on the tradition of excellence established by the first two editions, which have successfully launched thousands of process technicians into the chemical processing industry. Key topics include valves, vessels, and piping, pumps and compressors, motors and turbines, heat exchangers, cooling towers, boilers and furnaces, reactors and distillation, extraction and separation systems, and process instrumentation.
- New material on storage tank designs, components and safety considerations.
- The compressor chapter has been expanded to included two new compressors; scroll and diaphragm.
- New graphics have been included to chapters covering compressors,, heat exchangers,, cooling towers,, boilers,, furnaces,, reactor and distillation to teach systems and operations at earlier stages.
- Includes 24 additional pages that describe simple pump systems and how to operate them.
- Contains an expanded supplement package that includes an Instructor Resource featuring PowerPoints with a large number of images and an ExamView Computerized Test Bank,, as well as an Instructor’s Manual and Image Gallery.
- Ensures relevant skill mastery and uniform training of new technicians in apprentice--training programs within the chemical processing industry.
- Is considered the standard against which all successful process technology texts are measured.
- Designed so that chapters can stand alone, enabling instructors to teach concepts out of order if it better suits their particular program’s needs.
3. Piping and Vessels.
6. Turbines and Motors.
7. Heat Exchangers.
8. Cooling Towers.
16.Extraction and Other Separation Systems.