Request for consultation
PROBLEM-SOLVING CASES IN MICROSOFT® ACCESS® AND EXCEL®, Twelfth Annual Edition, helps students apply the Access® database management system and Excel® spreadsheet to effectively analyze and solve real-world business problems. Six individual tutorials in the text build a practical knowledge of each software application's capabilities, while 12 all-new case studies present scenarios and problems common in business. Further, a skill-building integration feature requires students to use Access® and Excel® together on cases, making this the most up-to-date, practical guide for these widely used software programs. Instructor support materials can be found in the Instructor Downloads section of http://www.cengage.com/coursetechnology and are accessible by Single-Sign On (SSO) username and password. Designed to facilitate classroom instruction, these resources include six new "Hall of Fame" cases, along with new solution files, syllabus, and Student Data Files.
- This edition has been completely updated for Microsoft® Access® and Excel® 2013.
- This edition includes 12 new cases. Additionally, all tutorials have been updated to reflect Office 2013.
- Updated Tutorials: These updated tutorials walk students through Microsoft® Access® and Excel® 2013, imparting spreadsheet and database skills while preparing them for real-life, on-the-job application.
- All-New Cases and Problems: Students gain valuable insight about today's marketplace from working 12 new cases and solving realistic problems with Microsoft® Access® and Excel®.
- Updated Hall of Fame Downloads: Instructors and students can access six additional cases from the past in the Hall of Fame download section at http://www.cengage.com.
- Realistic Business Scenarios: Students examine 12 brand new cases, each introducing a commonly occurring business issue, and learn how to use Excel® and Access® to analyze and help solve problems.
- Skill-building Instruction: Hands-on tutorials demonstrate the ins and outs of Microsoft® Access® and Excel® 2010 and prepare students for the real workplace by testing their spreadsheet and database skills.
- Data Analysis Techniques: A sixth tutorial covers Excel® Data Analysis Techniques, a more complex use of the Excel® spreadsheet that will deepen student understanding of the software.
- Integration Cases: Two cases in the text require students to apply both Access® and Excel® simultaneously, helping to develop analytical skills while giving them valuable practice using newly acquired knowledge.
Tutorial A: Database Design.
Tutorial B: Microsoft Access.
Case 1: Preliminary Case; The Personal Training Database.
Case 2: Rent-a-Dress Database.
Case 3: The Import Food Market Database.
Case 4: The Music Festival Database.
Case 5: City Bike Rental Database.
Part 2: DECISION SUPPORT CASES USING EXCEL SCENARIO MANAGER.
Tutorial C: Building a Decision Support System in Excel.
Case 6: New England Energy Investment Strategy Decision.
Case 7: The City Hotel Recovery Analysis.
Part 3: DECISION SUPPORT CASES USING MICROSOFT EXCEL SOLVER.
Tutorial D: Decision Support Cases Using Microsoft Excel Solver.
Case 8: Duchess Cruises Ship Assignment Problem.
Case 9: Ed and Carla's Retirement Plan.
Part 4: DECISION SUPPORT CASE USING BASIC EXCEL FUNCTIONALITY.
Case 10: The University Arena Construction Decision.
Part 5: INTEGRATION CASES USING ACCESS AND EXCEL.
Case 11: The College GPA Analysis.
Case 12: The Nonprofit Donor Analysis.
Part 6: ADVANCED SKILLS USING EXCEL.
Tutorial E: Guidance for Excel Cases.
Part 7: PRESENTATION SKILLS.
Tutorial F: Giving an Oral Presentation.