Request for consultation
To fully understand the information found on real-world manufacturing and mechanical engineering drawings, your students must consider important information about the processes represented, the dimensional and geometric tolerances specified, and the assembly requirements for those drawings. This enhanced edition of PRINT READING FOR ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY 3E takes a practical approach to print reading, with fundamental through advanced coverage that demonstrates industry standards essential for pursuing careers in the 21st century. Your students will learn step-by-step how to interpret actual industry prints while building the knowledge and skills that will allow them to read complete sets of working drawings. Realistic examples, illustrations, related tests, and print reading problems are based on real world engineering prints that comply with ANSI, ASME, AWS, and other related standards.
- Includes new material on electronic filing, discovery, the duty to prevent spoliation, pertinent rule changes and coverage of the HIPAA standards that facilitates your students' understanding of the importance of these relatively new areas of practice.
- Thorough updating of the law, changes in rules of procedure, evidence, and ethics standards keep you and your student's current on changes in the law and practice.
- Includes new forms and task examples, as well as web resources and revised tables and charts that enhance your students' enjoyment and overall appeal of the book.
- Contains new analysis problems, study and review questions and internet applications that enhance your students' learning and retention of new text material.
- Contains concepts that are written and presented with current computer-aided drafting (CAD) technology standards to coach your students in learning to read complete sets of working drawings in manufacturing and mechanical engineering.
- Includes illustrative examples and prints that are all created using quality CAD that demonstrates the best current industry standards.
- Chapter tests provide for review and to challenge your students' learned competencies.
- Contains a perfect balance that is achieved between written text and support documentation, making this an expansive text for a blueprint reading course, as well as a handy reference resource.
2. Communicating with a Sketch.
3. Scales and Precision Measurement.
4. Reading Lines and Lettering on a Print.
5. Reading Multiviews.
6. Reading Auxiliary Views.
7. Manufacturing Materials and Processes.
8. Reading Dimensions.
9. Reading Drawings with Fasteners and Springs.
10. Reading Sections, Revolutions and Conventional Breaks.
11. Reading Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
12. Reading Linkage, Cam, Gear, and Bearing Prints.
13. Reading Precision Sheet Metal Drawings.
14. Reading Working Drawings.
15. Welding Processes and Reading Welding Representations.
16. Reading Pictorial Drawings.
17. Reading Electrical Diagrams and Schematics.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.